Tvs 2300 Update!

Hey Guys!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been super busy. As most of you know my sept up consist of a TVS 2300 on a 408. The setup ran good but after talking to Ray (SuperSub) we agreed that there was some hp left on the table. Ray has worked very hard developing a bolt on kit for these chargers which includes a 102mm tb from TPIS performance with a new inlet to accommodate the new tb. After instaling it I instantly seen a huge improve me in throttle responds and and increase of 2psi so far. I have yet to go wot yet but zippy is sending me an update to make sure everything will run perfect! This 102mm mod along with the spacer is a must have if you want to get everything out of your setup! Things are looking very promising I will post pics as soon as I get back in town along with new track times ! Track date is set two weeks from now. More updates coming soon! Any more questions on this set up it be best to call Ray (SuperSub) and zippy for tuning needs. Both have been extremely helpful and definitely know there stuff.

Thanks

Adam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I am certainly interested when this spacer hits the market! However, not looking forward for the install though...But definately worth it with the results!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I second that but will that setup work on the 112 unit?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The spacer was a huge improvement! As for the 112 unit I'm not sure contact ray since he's the guy who makes them. I just want to note that once I put the 102mm tb on this truck it really came alive! The tb is from tpis performance and is the onlyons that will fit as far as I know. I tried the nick willams one and it won't fit. As for the inlet Ray is the one makes the proper inlet to fit the 102mm and powder coats it to match so it looks like it came on the charger from magnacharger.

Awesome to hear stroked out, you and another member I spoke to have motivated me to a similar setup that will take some time to get together, but a great setup and worth the wait. Your going to be taking names at the track. :chevrolet:

Thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without the help of Ray, Zippy and of course this cite. As for the questions the tb can be viewed on tips,s website. You will need the DRX harness. And yes it is a drive by wire system which means it's electronic. If you guys are thinking of upgrading to a bigger tb just skip over the 90mm and go to the 102mm with rays new inlet. You won't be sorry

it will definatly be an improvement on fi setups when its pre compressor. . ive seen a few tests on post compressor(turbo and procharger) where only 10-15 hp was gained around the 700-800 hp range with swapping from 90mm-102mm. this is why alot kb setups with the bigger blowers gain alot of power

• 2 weeks later...

TPIS . com is where you can find their version of the 102mm, to my knowledge they are the only company to sucessfully transplant the guts into a larger housing. Creating a very dependable, and tunable dbw big mouth tb. I make the inlets upon request for those running a jackshaft style maggie. as for the radix version they are producing a mount plate for those and should be ready any day now. if you currently are running an ls2 90 mm tb, this will be a direct bolt on,and only a touch up on the tune may be needed.

a quick pic of the camaro project using their ls3 version on one of my inlets.

CIMG8623.jpg

and fitting under the hood.

CIMG8627.jpg

The 102mm throttle body is really a big deal when it's on the inlet side especially on something moving this much air. Ray has done a great job with this. Ray and I spoke of this a couple years ago, but until recently it was nothing more than a great idea. Ray has put it into motion with getting the inlets done. I am also using one at work on a 1970 El Camino project with an LSX 376 with a TVS2300 jackshaft version. The difference is that I used the Nick Williams 102mm on that car. It is a better looking unit than the TPIS version, but it is larger and doesn't yet work on the trucks. We have a TVS2300 front inlet/front drive and I'm going to eyeball that one for a 102mm also. There is more to come in spacer revisions as well as inlet revisions. Magnacharger/Eaton makes a very good unit and I as well as Ray feel that there is still a bit more left in this unit. His spacer not only reduces the operating temperature of the blower, but has made a noticable difference in getting the intercooler off of the floor. I have the logs to show the difference in track, street, idling, etc. I feel that on an all stock motor at low boost the intercooler being so close to the floor of the intake is just fine. As cubic inch and airflow is upped there is a noticable gain in getting that sharp turn and high pressure area removed. The logs and Ray's dyno testing of the spacer more than speak for itself. I have the logs for the 102mm throttle body and there is a noticable gain in efficiency, boost, and throttle response. There is also a dyno sheet with a vacuum reading from behind the throttle body with the 90mm to show just how much restriction is being had between the rotors of the blower and the throttle body. Ray can chime in with this info and the dyno info of the spacer, but all of this is just showing that being open to idea's and engineering leaves room for improvement always. Right with Adam I give credit to Ray for putting this stuff on the machine bench and making stuff.

The goal with Adams truck is the quickest and fastest Magnacharged Silverado without nitrous or meth.

Guys I am still getting my feet wet with fi but Ray you are saying for my 112 if I get the 102mm TB and plate that I should see some gains? I am basically stock motor wise except the 112 with plans for a can in the future or maybe a 408 tvs2300 build in the future...we will see.

Guys I am still getting my feet wet with fi but Ray you are saying for my 112 if I get the 102mm TB and plate that I should see some gains? I am basically stock motor wise except the 112 with plans for a can in the future or maybe a 408 tvs2300 build in the future...we will see.

the 112 radix units have plenty of plenum volume, its the heat reduction, or isolation I am looking into. A plate system is being developed for that specific situation. Once the engine operating temps are isolated from the supercharger, the intercooler can concentrate on dealing with only the air temp it creates. How much phenolic will that take without sacrificing tq/hp at the lower rpms where these babies love to be! thats the question i am asking myself. As for the 102 mm tb's They are a great benifit pre blower, how much on a stock set-up.... I really don't know. but that 408 you speak of.... right up your alley.

here is a pic of the new TPIS 102 mm plate that will bolt right up to any maggie inlet already using the 4 bolt flange. to get the full benifit of the larger diameter, some porting of the exsisting flange will be needed. No if you are trying to but this on a jackshaft version their might be other complications, this was really designed for you radix (nose drive)guy's.

102spacer.jpg

Edited by supersub (see edit history)