Front Wheel Hop

I have been experiencing a front wheel hop on the driverside of my truck. I have had the wheels rebalanced multiple times; it did not fix the problem. Then changed out the front brake pads and rotors; still didn't fix the problem. The faster I go the more pronounced the hop is. I have launched my truck multiple times in four wheel drive at the track and at street lights. Is it possible that I have bent the driveshaft or another part that would cause the hop? Is there any common problems with launching in four wheel drive?

The hop is really noticable at any speed above 40. The hop is present with my 17's that I use for the winter and the 20's that are used for the summer. Tires are Hankook Ventus 275/55/20 have had them for four summers on them (here a summer is 5 - 6 months at most) 60 % tread left. Hope its not the shock; the ride control shocks are little pricey!

• 2 weeks later...

I would look at the u-joints on the front driveshaft. I've replaced those many times on trucks driven in the weather conditions that you drive yours in. Another issue is the inner tie rod ends. They tend to wear out fairly quickly if you are doing 4x4 launch's with them. I'd look into buying an upgraded set of them if you suspect they are getting worn. Look into places that sell performance parts for the Duramax trucks. Cognito, Fabtech, and PPE make nice replacements.