Powerdyne

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to Diablo Sport this morning.

They gave me the news I wanted to hear,

They are taking responsibility for the problems their tuner caused and will be having my PCM repaired :thumbs: as well as sending me a new tuner.

I Will Not be installing their tune when I get it back, but will using it as a scanning and diasnostis tool.

I fried my PCM with my SuperChips also.... I didn't set the parking brake, which disabled the DRL's or something. Had the dealer replace the PCM for me under warranty. Then sent the tuner back to SuperChips to be updated and cleared. They gave me their latest tune and returned it overnight air. Ran fine ever since.

For future reference, roll down the drivers side window, set the parking brake, shut the door, turn off the radio and ALL accessories. Connect the tuner to the port, turn on the ignition, and follow instructions on tuner from there. Don't touch anything until the tuner tells you it is finished and to start the vehicle.

Sounds picky as hell... but they mean business. Any electrical activity or drain/surge in the system after connecting the tuner will fry your connection between the PCM and Body control computer (BCM). Experience was my teacher! :cry:

For future reference, roll down the drivers side window, set the parking brake, shut the door, turn off the radio and ALL accessories. Connect the tuner to the port, turn on the ignition, and follow instructions on tuner from there. Don't touch anything until the tuner tells you it is finished and to start the vehicle.

I did all that to the T.

I talked to Diablo Sport this morning.

They gave me the news I wanted to hear,

They are taking responsibility for the problems their tuner caused and will be having my PCM repaired :thumbs: as well as sending me a new tuner.

I Will Not be installing their tune when I get it back, but will using it as a scanning and diasnostis tool.

:cool: Glad to hear they took care of it. :thumbs:

Do you have onstar? I didn't so it wasn't an issue for me, but I've heard of guys running into trouble with onstar and handhelds.

Sorry to hear about all of your woes buddy, Are you going with PCMforLess next? What other options are there?

David

I'm up and running, I installed the New PCM and it fired right up. Have only driven about 25 miles so far, but I have 3 words to describe the SC.

SMOOTH FAST ACCELERATION

It doesn't seem like the engine is working hard at all under acelleration.

Picture037.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Archived