Powerdyne

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good vince, good luck with the install. Be careful with predators tune. Their custom tune sent to me for 42lb injectors ended up plugging my cats, and blowing the motor. Monitor your O2 values very carefully. Or just have Bryan do it for you now.. Just food for thought. It took them more than two weeks to give me an update to lean the tune out.

Too little too late..... :puke:

Be careful with predators tune. Their custom tune sent to me for 42lb injectors ended up plugging my cats, and blowing the motor.

What did they do about your blown motor? I have free flow cats so hopefully I wont have that problem.

Well, everything was going along just fine. I got up ths morning, changed the injectors, installed the new belt, buttoned up all loose ends and was ready to install the diablo tune.

I really wanted to turn the engine over before i installed to tune just to make sure that everything was ok. But after reading the directions for the s/c it said to not start the engine before new tune was installed or engine damage would occur.

So i grabbed the tuner, got in the truck and hooked everything up just as the direction stated. I stated the tuning process and as soon as the tuner finished reading my stock tune it went into a error mode stating that my iginition key wasnt on, which it was. So, i followed directions and disconnected the tuner and out of curiousity tried to start engine. Nothing wouldnt even roll over. Hooked HPtuner up and tried to load copy of factory stock tune. Error, ignition not turned on. At first I thought maybe somehow my battery had run down overnight, but I got to thinking, truck ran fine and started fine before sc install. nothing electrical was disconnected except injectors. nothing was left on dome lights etc. keys were taken out of ignition and,hood was open all night, but since we dont have lights under there it shouldnt matter.

Basically, the diablo tuner ,malfunctioned and fried my computer. I'll be calling powerdyne and diablo, first thing monday morning.

In the mean time I called Brian at pcmforless he said that he has heard of these tuner doing this before, and monday he is overnighting me a new pcm with a sc tune already installed. I hope the powerdyne or diablo will pick up the tab for this.

All handhelds are pretty particular, at least with the newer year trucks. You have to have OnStar disabled, certain fuses pulled, and other BS. Mine wouldn't load if the atuo headlights were on.

Archived