Ls6 Intake On Lq9

From my understanding the ls6 intake is a direct fit .. My only concern that I am not sure about is ... I'm wondering if the ls6 intake has all the proper holes for fuel pressure regulator and valve cover breather ! Wondering what type of fancy custom work will have to be done if

Any!! Also fuel rails and injectors??? Stock ?? Ls6 ??? Aftermarket ?? Thanks for any help u guys can be !!

Moving to the LS6 doesn't justify the work involved.... the gains will be so small that it isn't worth it. Now going to a FAST 90mm + would be a better decision... or going to the 90mm TBSS intake will give you more of a gain than the LS6 without as much modification.

I understand that the hp gains are smal if any .. Looking at it more for looks under the hood !! Any idea what is actually involved ?

Kind of an expensive swap just to swap a plastic intake primarily for looks IMO

I understand that the hp gains are smal if any .. Looking at it more for looks under the hood !! Any idea what is actually involved ?

There are gains however mostly over 6k RPMS. If you do not have a cam that supports the high RPM powerband, then the lower RPM gains are minimal.

1. Relocate driver side idler pulley.

2. Modify (cut) your PS bracket

3. Different EVAP lines

4. Need a different water pump or change the neck on your stocker (cut and weld).

5. New belt

There is more to it however you get the idea. As stated above, the link in my signature has what I did for the FAST intake which is very similar physically to the LS6.

Go with a NNBS intake or a TBSS intake,direct bolt on using a Xlink for the 90mm TB.

I had my 408 with TEA L92 heads dyno'd with both a ported L92 truck intake(by ls2portworks) and a box stock FAST ls3 intake.Ported truck intake beat the FAST by 17hp and it wouldve been more but the runs were stopped at 6500rpm.

IMO,the only reason to use a car intake over the newer,07 up,truck intake is for looks!!The 07 up truck intakes are butt ugly but are a better performer than the car intakes,esp stock for stock!!

Why did you stop at 6500rpms? I dont think you can say "it would have been more" if you didnt test it past those rpms. I just see bias info like in your other post. Assuming is the mother of all mess ups.

Youd have to ask LME in Houston,I guess they like to err on the side of caution with a brand new $15k engine.

What bias are you speaking of???

Ive seen many a 408 with ported ls3 heads and big cams peak at 7000+ so I think the only 1 ASSuming anything is you.

Regardless,a ported truck intake spanks a stock LS3 FAST intakes ASS.I think I am the only one who has dynoed both besides the guy on Ls1tech.com who said he'd post results in a week,then got know it all shitty comments and didnt.Sounds very familiar but even with people being assholes,ill still get the info out there so people wont waste money and time chasing HP.

Edited by broke1 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from all of the bickering before I even go into that, where in the hell did you hear that the LS6 intake was a direct fit? It's most certainly not a direct fit. As has been said it doesn't clear the water pump and creates a few other issue's already mentioned. Bolting to the heads doesn't make it a direct fit. So again I ask where did you hear that the LS6 intake was a direct fit?

I will tell you from experience though that the LS6 intake on a truck makes the motor look tiny. If it's not some cool Fast intake, it's not worth it. As for the Fast vs. truck intake you'd have to test ported vs. ported. The new LS3 port Fast intakes are a joke on the bigger motors unless you port them and use the 102mm throttle body. The difference between stock intake and an unported fast is almost nothing. Port the Fast and there is a big difference. Now is it worth the money over a stock L92 truck intake, tough call. I would look for an intake from an 07' up 4.8L or 5.3L as they are readily available and cheap from guys who did blower swaps. They flow as good as the TBSS intake since they are based on the same design and really look pretty good. Cut some of the un-needed crap off of it, sand it, and paint it and it'll look damn nice as well as fit a 90mm LS3 throttle body. That intake will make more power than the LS6 intake, takes almost no conversion work in comparison to install, and looks better in a truck bay.