Panic Sets In

cwest94

Before I retired we use to get half a dozen or so frantic calls a year of "My car has been stolen from the mall parking lot!". Dispatcher would get the description/license number of the car and prior to us contacting the "victim" we'd make a pass through the parking lots and locate the car then we'd go contact the "victim" who 99.99% of the time was a little old gray haired lady and give her a ride to it.They were always so appreciative albeit a little embarrassed too!

So what your saying is this will be you soon? now that your retired lol

I was at the dealership getting my speaker replaced or it was the 50k service I honestly cant remember, but they called me out and said it was done. The guy gave me the keys and said "its right out front." Walk out the 2 big bay doors and see a Z-71. 1st I thought they gave my truck to the wrong guy, it was a black z-71 also. Went back in to my guy at the desk and I said theirs no SS out their, just a z-71 and he laughed. Theirs a 3rd bay garage door on the side of the dealership where they bring out the nicer GM models (SS editions, Pro Sports, vettes). So I walk around the corner and damn i was relieved to see it sitting their after they had just given it a quick wash. One thing I should have realized right off the bat was they gave me my keys with the Viper security system fob.