Panic Sets In

cwest94

After work yesterday I had to make a few stops before going back to the house. My last stop of the day was to run into a store at the mall and the parking lot was pretty open, so I was able to park in the middle instead of way at the end (don't like people parking near my truck) and I also parked a couple rows over from where I normally do. I was only in the store for about 10 minutes and when I came out and walked to where I thought my truck was parked, it was gone. Panic started to kick in and as I was walking all over the parking lot not able to find my truck and the panic button on the key fob not sounding anything, I thought for sure my SS was stolen and I felt like I was about to puke my guts out in the mall parking lot till I see my truck a couple rows over, then I felt relieved . I was mad at myself and felt really dumb that I forgot where I parked but for a VERY long 40 seconds, I thought for sure I was never going to see the SS again.

So I was just curious if anyone else has ever had that feeling before of their car/truck being stolen but finding you were in the wrong parking level or row like me.

Yes. My wife snuck out and moved my truck down the street as an April fools joke one year. She thought that it would be funny. After about 5 minutes of extreme panic I started to call the cops but she stopped me and let me in on her joke. It's kind of funny looking back at it now but at the time I was not such a good sport about it.

yea ive been there before. once i parked outside at my old job and i usually park either on the far right or the far left. i thought i was on the far left and i came out i saw nothing so i immediately looked to the right. there was a big delivery truck parked blocking my view so i started going nuts. i literally ran over to see if it was behind the truck and once i saw the blue appearing from the side i almost collapsed lol.

Yes. My wife snuck out and moved my truck down the street as an April fools joke one year. She thought that it would be funny. After about 5 minutes of extreme panic I started to call the cops but she stopped me and let me in on her joke. It's kind of funny looking back at it now but at the time I was not such a good sport about it.

I would have divorced her on the spot lol jk

Next time tell her u can mess with the kids all you want but don't play with my truck hahahah

After mine was stolen and i got it back i thought it would get stolen everywhere i went and always had to check on it...still wake up thinking someone might be trying to take it even though its safe in the garage!

LOL. Now I don't feel so dumb. :) Every morning when I wake up I always look out the bedroom window to make sure the truck is still sitting in the driveway. I also get up sometimes during the night just to be safe. I have lights on all night long out in front of the house to keep things all lit up as a deterrent.

Before I retired we use to get half a dozen or so frantic calls a year of "My car has been stolen from the mall parking lot!". Dispatcher would get the description/license number of the car and prior to us contacting the "victim" we'd make a pass through the parking lots and locate the car then we'd go contact the "victim" who 99.99% of the time was a little old gray haired lady and give her a ride to it.They were always so appreciative albeit a little embarrassed too!