Fog Lights For Gmc

What are the brightest plug and play bulbs I can run for my fog lights without burning something up? What a bout upgrades on my brights and regular lights? I plan on doing the diode upgrade so I can run them all at once, and I don't think I will do the HID upgrades. Anybody know? Suggestions? Thanks guys...

HIDs are the best and they are plug and play. There are plenty of replacement bulbs out there like PIAA but they are expensive and not as good as a HID kits. You can find HID kits for 35 bucks at DDM tuning. And a set of PIAAs are going to cost you 60 bucks or more

If you get HIDs in your fogs go with 3000k. They are yellow and they are so bright and put som much light on the road and are great when its raining

What are the brightest plug and play bulbs I can run for my fog lights without burning something up? What a bout upgrades on my brights and regular lights? I plan on doing the diode upgrade so I can run them all at once, and I don't think I will do the HID upgrades. Anybody know? Suggestions? Thanks guys...

Hi Don,

I've been thinking of these: http://www.amazon.com/03-05-Silverado-Foglights-Conversion-Diamond/dp/B004MAZAOA/ref=sr_1_30?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1312246568&sr=1-30

I'll let others weigh in as well. I know that the "brightness" is based on the temperature scale. starting at 2500K and going up to 10000K. The light the human eye "really sees" is different. Hence the lower scale bulbs (2500-3500) look yellow.

5000k - 7000K will look white to light blue. After 8000K or so the lights will "look" purple.

You tube has some good vids by people who have made the changes. That's why I'm looking at the lights in the above link (6000K)... It's a matter of taste for brightness/color options..

I hope this helped, :-)

Hi Don,

I've been thinking of these: http://www.amazon.co...2246568&sr=1-30

I'll let others weigh in as well. I know that the "brightness" is based on the temperature scale. starting at 2500K and going up to 10000K. The light the human eye "really sees" is different. Hence the lower scale bulbs (2500-3500) look yellow.

5000k - 7000K will look white to light blue. After 8000K or so the lights will "look" purple.

You tube has some good vids by people who have made the changes. That's why I'm looking at the lights in the above link (6000K)... It's a matter of taste for brightness/color options..

I hope this helped, :-)

Allen,

You have a great name, my middle name is Allen, lol... You even spell it correctly, haha...

I am sort of familiar with the color temperature scale because one of my other hobbies is photography...

I have already changed my thinking and I want to go all HID now, you guys are educating me about all this stuff. I think I might go either 6000 kelvin or 8000 with all of them. I was looking at a guy's new new body style chevy today, those lights those things have look serious. I wish mine had those that are more focused forward, I forget what they call them. I am gonna start with the fog lights though, maybe with this kit you have shown me. I figure that I can go up against the learning curve a lot more safely with the fogs, then move to the DRL's, then highs, then lows. I should have a pretty good idea of what I like by then... Maybe you should go ahead and buy these to see how you like them and then let me know how it turns out, lol... One of us has to go first, hahahhhhaaa......

• 1 month later...

Allen,

You have a great name, my middle name is Allen, lol... You even spell it correctly, haha...

I am sort of familiar with the color temperature scale because one of my other hobbies is photography...

I have already changed my thinking and I want to go all HID now, you guys are educating me about all this stuff. I think I might go either 6000 kelvin or 8000 with all of them. I was looking at a guy's new new body style chevy today, those lights those things have look serious. I wish mine had those that are more focused forward, I forget what they call them. I am gonna start with the fog lights though, maybe with this kit you have shown me. I figure that I can go up against the learning curve a lot more safely with the fogs, then move to the DRL's, then highs, then lows. I should have a pretty good idea of what I like by then... Maybe you should go ahead and buy these to see how you like them and then let me know how it turns out, lol... One of us has to go first, hahahhhhaaa......

Hi Don,

Well I did it... Bought the 6000K Diamond white Xenon HID's for the low and high beam lights. They are bright!!! Even my wife noticed the difference. On coming drivers blink their lights, thinking I have my brights on... I tried to take pictures, but they didn't do the lights justice. I also used the painless wiring system to get ALL 8 lights (Low beams, High beams, Fog lamps, and Driving lights) on when using the high beams...

One thing though... The original 145 amp could not keep up with the draw on the electrical system. I first updated the 8 gauge cable from the alternator to the little red battery box to 2 gauge. Didn't help the lights still flickered at idle when wipers,heater fan, stereo were on.

I bought a new High Output alternator (125 amps at idle and 250 amps at 1,200 rpms) to replace the old alternator. No problems now! Just a heads up. Might try the Xenon's driving lights now...

Stock alternator, according to GM, was rated at 80 amps at idle and 145 amps at about 2,100 rpms...

I hope this helped,