Lq9 Vs Lq4? Anyone

so if everything is bolt on does that mean the heads and intake manifold from a 4.8v8 would slap right on an lq4 or lq9 granted the heads would not provide the hp gains you want to see?? can i just literally swap 4.8 block for 6.0 block and have everything bolted right up ready to roll?? excuse my ingnorance just want to make sure i understand

so if everything is bolt on does that mean the heads and intake manifold from a 4.8v8 would slap right on an lq4 or lq9 granted the heads would not provide the hp gains you want to see?? can i just literally swap 4.8 block for 6.0 block and have everything bolted right up ready to roll?? excuse my ingnorance just want to make sure i understand

buy this book at auto zone it should answer any questions u might have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/1884089844/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

all harness n engine sensors are plug n play??

Yes and define your words of "building it up".... If you are wanting to stroke it or rebuild the engine with a forged balanced rotating assembly why even buy a full engine??? Thats a total waste just buy the block and go from there. If you mean cam, intake, heads, then start with the LQ9.

you can literaly take off everything down on your 4.8L to a long block and take all your sensors and accessories and bolt them onto any GEN 3 engine 99-06 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L or 6.0L... however you cant do that with a GEN 4 unless you update a few things so make sure the engine you buy is a GEN 3... One way you can tell buy the knock sensors in the valley cover. If its a GEN 4 the knock sensors are of the sides of the block.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Yes and define your words of "building it up".... If you are wanting to stroke it or rebuild the engine with a forged balanced rotating assembly why even buy a full engine??? Thats a total waste just buy the block and go from there. If you mean cam, intake, heads, then start with the LQ9.

you can literaly take off everything down on your 4.8L to a long block and take all your sensors and accessories and bolt them onto any GEN 3 engine 99-06 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L or 6.0L... however you cant do that with a GEN 4 unless you update a few things so make sure the engine you buy is a GEN 3... One way you can tell buy the knock sensors in the valley cover. If its a GEN 4 the knock sensors are of the sides of the block.

thanks for the use full knowledge...i guess the way i should of asked the question is if i get a 6.0 block i could use the parts from my 4.8 to make it work? which is a definte yes...or i can get a complete engine and make it work either way.... i think i want a complete engine if i can find one at a fair price either an lq4 or lq9....which in the future i would like adding some mods like a blower or a turbo....

thanks for the use full knowledge...i guess the way i should of asked the question is if i get a 6.0 block i could use the parts from my 4.8 to make it work? which is a definte yes...or i can get a complete engine and make it work either way.... i think i want a complete engine if i can find one at a fair price either an lq4 or lq9....which in the future i would like adding some mods like a blower or a turbo....

then to answer your question fully.

any gen 3 engine will bolt in and all the parts will swap over (the heads I wouldn't).

I would locate a good known running pull out longblock and remove and replace.... be sure you purchase a base running tune from a reputable tuner.