2011 Silverado Maxx

konigandy6

Almost ready to pull the trigger on this. I just need to reassure myself that I won't be pissed off about my decision.

2011 Silverado Z71 ext cab short bed

L9H 6.2

3.42 locking diff

6L80

Just wanted to hear some opinions on this truck. I have an 04 SS and am considering this an "upgrade". Anyone with personal experience as far as performance goes? Should I expect a wash in comparison to my SS... since the SS has less HP but 4.10's? What do you guys think.

Thanks in advance,

-Andy

Those are pretty sweet trucks. I would not mind one, but my next truck will be a 2500 or 3500 dmax

I just have a tune, exhaust, and intake and I raced a new Denali and we were neck and neck

Just have a few questions

Do you own your SS outright? if not how much do you owe?

Why do you think you need a new truck?

How much more will this new truck cost you compared to your SS now?

These are just a few things you should consider berfore buying another truck. Questions like this are the only reason i still have my SS and have not traded it in for a new truck. I think about how nice its going to be in less then a year when my truck is paid off and I own a truck outright and get to pocket all that money I am currenty spending on my truck payment

Those are pretty sweet trucks. I would not mind one, but my next truck will be a 2500 or 3500 dmax

I just have a tune, exhaust, and intake and I raced a new Denali and we were neck and neck

Just have a few questions

Do you own your SS outright? if not how much do you owe?

Why do you think you need a new truck?

How much more will this new truck cost you compared to your SS now?

These are just a few things you should consider berfore buying another truck. Questions like this are the only reason i still have my SS and have not traded it in for a new truck. I think about how nice its going to be in less then a year when my truck is paid off and I own a truck outright and get to pocket all that money I am currenty spending on my truck payment

I have yet to see any of these 6.2's really run... besides full size Escalades and Yukons. I'm assuming a pickup would fair a little better in the performance category.

I work at a Chevy dealer, and I go through a new vehicle about every year. lol

I've owned the SS for 2 years now, and I owe about $4k on it still. One of the main reasons I want a new truck now, is the used car market is up, so I can get more for my SS, and the rebates on the 2011 model year trucks are pretty good right now. $6k off sticker. Plus since I work at the dealer, I get GM discount. So this $40k truck, I can get into for just over $30k. Not to mention the warranty that comes with it.

I do love my SS, but I also miss the off road capabilities that my old pick ups had. And I have my Camaro, so my truck isn't my "toy". The truck now, just turned 60k on the clock... so it's still a low miled truck, but nothing beats driving off the lot with next to no miles on it.

Id say go for it then. I too miss the capabilities of and actual pickup

I too was also considering a Duramax... but for what I can buy a used Dirtymax for, I can buy this truck brand new.

Decisions, decisions....

i have a 2011 denali with the 3.42 gears and raced an silvy ss with LT headers and a intake. i was beating him by about two links and still pulling on him when i let up. i just have a tune intake and flowmaster dumps. just make sure u get a tune gm really chokes the 6.2's up with the engine abuse management and a tune really wakes them up, i also get much better gas mileage with the tune (around 16 in city) when i stay off it

i have a 2011 denali with the 3.42 gears and raced an silvy ss with LT headers and a intake. i was beating him by about two links and still pulling on him when i let up. i just have a tune intake and flowmaster dumps. just make sure u get a tune gm really chokes the 6.2's up with the engine abuse management and a tune really wakes them up, i also get much better gas mileage with the tune (around 16 in city) when i stay off it

Wow, you get 16mpg with your 6.2? Thats pretty good. If you tune it you void your warranty im sure, right?

Wow, you get 16mpg with your 6.2? Thats pretty good. If you tune it you void your warranty im sure, right?

ya but they have to prove that tune caused the failure by law, it could bite me in the a** but with my experience with GM trucks i shouldnt have to worry before 100000 miles anyways on the powertrain

So if something stupid like a steering wheel control switch went out or the gauge cluster, a tune most likely wont be an issue?

My truck is lifted with 35 in tires and 456 gears; I have Longtube headers, CAI and a custom tune and I get 14 MPG with my 5.3. I wonder if I wasnt lifted if Id see a good 2-3 or 3-4 MPG difference.

As far as warranty goes, most of the repairs are done at the dealer's discretion when there are mods involved.

If someone comes in with an unknown engine / trans issue, new GM protocol is to take a snapshot of the PCM and submit it to your warranty rep to make sure there is no aftermarket tuning done.

At our dealer, we are pretty good to our customers and looking the other way when it comes to repairs. We want to make them happy first. Unless the customer is a complete asshat, then we tell them no, and email all the service managers in the area to the potential of an asshat trying to come in for warranty work.

• 4 weeks later...

If you mean the Z71 appearance package, that is the truck I would love to have. I'm having trouble finding a 6.2 in So Cal. A guy was selling one (in Kansas IIRC, which puts it out of reach). I'll try to find the photo and get it posted.

Went to look at a Silverado SS yesterday, but the owner did not bother to take care of it. Dealer wanted $26,000 for what should have been a nice truck but turned out to be a PoS.