Oil Pan Drain Bolt

wishminewasanss

So tonight after attempting to change my oil, I noticed my oil pan drain bolt was taking a crap and is stripped. I was lucly enough to get it off this time but I feel I am going to have trouble removing it next time around. So I am asking and hoping for an input guys to help me find a place where I.can get a replacement.

Thanks guys, Jaime.

Not sure how much the plug cost at the dealer however if you do go, buy the full pack of gaskets that go with the plug. The entire pack is like $3 for 10-12 of them. Change the gasket at each oil change for very cheap insurance.

Are the replacement drain plugs magnetic also? I stripped mine few years back and could not find a magnetized replacement plug. I know the one that came with my truck was magnetic.....

Are the replacement drain plugs magnetic also? I stripped mine few years back and could not find a magnetized replacement plug. I know the one that came with my truck was magnetic.....

As long as you didn't retap the pan for a larger size, you can pick up a stock replacement for $10 with free shipping here:

EBAY - GM oil pan magnetic plug