SS Newbie

• 22 posts
  • Name:Dustin
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Silverstone
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Okay I want to remove the human factor in the equation, so here is all I've done:

I bought a replacement battery at Advanced Auto Parts about week and a half ago, got it installed and when I went to start my truck and the AC was blowing hot air. I check all my relays/CBs, everything was good. Went inside and bought a bottle of Freon with a charge kit and hooked it up to my low pressure value. Started everything up, and injected maybe a very very small portion of the Freon into my system not enough to even move the gauge enough, went back to see if it was blowing cold air. Went inside and it was blowing cold again. Posted Image

Week later, working on putting my amplifier together disconnected the battery cables and reconnected them. Turn the key and the driver side was blowing Cold air, while the passenger side was blowing very hot air. check the rear vents and they were both blowing cold air. Did a little research and came with the conclusion it might be the air temperature actuator door.

Link: http://www.autozone....13424_3481,4539

Here is a source I found that I think will fix it: http://www.sparkys-a...ws-hot-air.html

Will this work? I don't think I need to recharge it or replace any temperature sensors.

Airman Ramsey

USAF - ALCM

Garage:

05' SS Silverado

11' Honda Fury

09' CBR 600RR - Sold

98' Corvette - Sold

98' Trans Am - Sold

90' Silverado - Sold

#2 1stimeSSguy

1stimeSSguy

Veteran SS Member

• PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2003

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Okay I want to remove the human factor in the equation, so here is all I've done:

I bought a replacement battery at Advanced Auto Parts about week and a half ago, got it installed and when I went to start my truck and the AC was blowing hot air. I check all my relays/CBs, everything was good. Went inside and bought a bottle of Freon with a charge kit and hooked it up to my low pressure value. Started everything up, and injected maybe a very very small portion of the Freon into my system not enough to even move the gauge enough, went back to see if it was blowing cold air. Went inside and it was blowing cold again. Posted Image

Week later, working on putting my amplifier together disconnected the battery cables and reconnected them. Turn the key and the driver side was blowing Cold air, while the passenger side was blowing very hot air. check the rear vents and they were both blowing cold air. Did a little research and came with the conclusion it might be the air temperature actuator door.

Link: http://www.autozone....424_3481%2C4539

Here is a source I found that I think will fix it: http://www.sparkys-a...ws-hot-air.html

Will this work? I don't think I need to recharge it or replace any temperature sensors.

You have dual climate control ? are both knobs turned left to cold
Posted Image

SOLD purchased a 06 TBSS 3ss fully loaded

2003 SS AWD
Mods
Slowhawk performance tune , ARH LT's Corsa (touring), Volant ram air intake,HPM Efans,145 amp. alt. , MSD wires, NGK tr55 ,160 t-stat , AMD Cowl hood,ISS spoiler , 22" U2 55's ,Toyo proxes ST II , Energy suspension ,Mcgaughy helper bags , Belltech 2"/3" drop,
Edelbrock IAS & street perf. shocks , aadco sway bar , EBC slotted rotors/green stuff pads. pop-n-lock, jimmi jammer, transgo HD2, vette/billet 4th servo's , all accumulators,.490" boost valve ,Truecool max

updated 7/31/11
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3082289

#3 The_aSSet

The_aSSet

Nick

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
  • Color:Arrival Blue
  • Year:2004

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

Mine did the same thing a few months after buying my truck, its whatever controls the little doors that make either hot or cold air come out, mine was a pretty penny to fix at a dealership.
Posted Image

#4 Fireman31

Fireman31

The choppy idle is just a bad misfire, I swear!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Faulty Blend Door Actuator......
Posted Image
Best ET 13.696 @ 99.95mph, 2.092 60ft (1st shakedown run after cam, more to come)
Dynoed at 329rwhp 364rwtq (before cam swap, more to come)

Posted Image Modification Info - Visit My Garage

#5 AirmanRamsey

AirmanRamsey

SS Newbie

• 22 posts
  • Name:Dustin
  • Color:Silverstone

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

You have dual climate control ? are both knobs turned left to cold

Dual Climate Control/ Digital

Mine did the same thing a few months after buying my truck, its whatever controls the little doors that make either hot or cold air come out, mine was a pretty penny to fix at a dealership.

Yeah thats what Im trying to avoid :( dealers charge a lot to do a little work

Faulty Blend Door Actuator......

Yeah thats what I was thinking, how easy are they to repair?

Airman Ramsey

USAF - ALCM

Garage:

05' SS Silverado

11' Honda Fury

09' CBR 600RR - Sold

98' Corvette - Sold

98' Trans Am - Sold

90' Silverado - Sold

#6 NoMoreBadAssSilvy

NoMoreBadAssSilvy

The Ambassador of Southern California

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Owns:VHO
  • Color:Summit White
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

http://www.silverado...__1#entry665904 :takealook:

2fbda472-79ed-4485-b5cc-7f3801a634b1_zps
SOLD 12/21/13

Broken by "The Kid" 4/14 lol

Radix Blown, 60lb. Siemen Deka Injectors, 2.8 pully, Boostin 8lbs., NGK TR6ix plugs, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Dual heat exchangers, Tuned by chpspecial, Headers, True Dual Magnaflows dumped, SLP 160* t-stat, 3/4 Drop, C-Notch, Belltech Shocks, Shopman1 VHO bowtie, 3K Stall & PerformaBuilt level 2 Trans. on 20" Black SS Rims, pinned crank, SuperCharger Connection 8mm wires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users