Exhaust Question

dardy

i have a 06 silverado 1500 vmax i beleive its a lt. my question is it has a dual in dual out gibson exhaust system. I was wanting to purchase another exhaust kit but all that

i can find for it is single in dual out is this what the truck originally came with? Or was it single in single out? Also where does everyone do there exhaust shopping? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I was looking at them a few minutes ago and they had dual in/dual out gibsons. If I were a good forum member I would post the link, wouldn't I? Hold on and let me get it.... (tick tock tick tock)...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Gibson+Exhaust

And, there it is. Look at the second and third systems down. There were several more on that site, and I don't endorse the site at all as i know knothing about them, but the parts we need are there. When I did my search I had to search for 04 GMC Sierra Denali. I figure that's closer to my actual truck than the SS is, but anyone can feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

Does anybody have an estimation of how many HP I stand to gain by adding Pacesetter LT's plus a system comparable to the Gibson or Corsa systems plus a cat delete plus a custom tune? I am just curious. And a little greedy, lol.

i have a 06 silverado 1500 vmax i beleive its a lt. my question is it has a dual in dual out gibson exhaust system. I was wanting to purchase another exhaust kit but all that

i can find for it is single in dual out is this what the truck originally came with? Or was it single in single out? Also where does everyone do there exhaust shopping? Thanks

Hi Dardy,

Great question... I looked at several versions and manufacturers a few months back. I looked at Borla, Magnaflow, Corsa, Gibson, DynoMax and Flow master. I also went to you tube and heard/saw many different types. It's all of matter of personal taste.

Each of the manufacturers above have their own web sites, expanding the information envelope. I went with Corsa dB. Cost, sound and install were my list of priorities...

I'm very happy with the Corsa dB cat back exhaust, and never looked back!!! Great sound, no highway drone and excellent seat of the pants feel...

Once you make your choice of exhaust system, do a search and locate the cheapest prices...

Good luck and I hope this helped, :-)

Dardy,

Hey, I'm just curious as a future exhaust system buyer as to why you don't like the Gibson system. It was on my list of maybes....

Hi Don,

If I may butt in.... The Stainless Steel version of the Gibson exhaust cat back system is running around $620.00 or so... The Aluminumized versions runs around $455.00 or so... I found that the S.S. version of Gibson, Borla, Magnaflow, etc use 409ss for the pipes and 304ss for the muffler in most cases. Some manufacturers also offer 409ss mufflers. The 409ss is a better quality or grade of stainless, and usually carry higher lifetime warranties. However, most muffler shops don't carry or will charge more to weld 409ss systems because they required stainless filler wire.

The 304ss systems are what most car manufacturers use, and the 304ss can be welded with the common mild carbon steel wire. The weldment isn't rust resistant, but does not cost more to weld. However with that said, most of the above cat back systems are pretty much bolt on. Just a few clamps and hangers, and your good to go... So welding shouldn't be an issue. Corsa's dB system is all 304ss, with no aluminumized parts. It looks good, costs less initially, but will show some surface rust over time. I have not had my system very long, nor have I driven through a Michigan winter yet. I'll make more comment on that next spring... As for now, I driven the truck with the Corsa dB system through heavy rain, highway, in town and some dirt roads (about 4,000 miles worth) with no cosmetic issues. Just wash and drive...

I hope this helped, :-)

Edited by 1500VHO (see edit history)