Best Cars Around 10-15K

yfz450_0569

My girlfriend just totalled her '08 G6.. Good car and she's thinking about getting one again, but what other good options are out there? She wants a car with decent insurance price and fuel mileage.. I really like the G8, but that doesn't exactly fit the criteria. If it were my choice and I would help pay, I think that's what I would go for.

If she really liked the G6 i would say buy another one of those. I had a G6 and liked it, i had the GTP version but decided to trade it in for and SUV

There are quite a few cars in that range that are practical, get great gas meilage, and lower insurance

Subaru Imprezas are good cars, but so are Accords, Camarys, Fusions etc... There are lots of choices in that range

You may even be able to get a brand new car for a little more than 15k if she has the ability to do that. If I was to get a brand new small practical car I would seriously consider looking at Kia or Hyandai. There are making some pretty nice cars nowadays. I really like the Kia Forte Koup, and the Optima, but thats just me

I kind of like the Subaru Impreza.. but would think the insurance would be higher idk. Her dad is a used car dealer so she can get good deals on used cars.. insurance paid the previous car pretty good, but she has an insanely high hospital bill now.

I kind of like the Subaru Impreza.. but would think the insurance would be higher idk. Her dad is a used car dealer so she can get good deals on used cars.. insurance paid the previous car pretty good, but she has an insanely high hospital bill now.

That was what I was going to recommend. I love my Impreza and one of my daughters has one too.

I have an 08 Subaru Legacy GT. Its a GREAT car, and meets the criteria.

Great car! Had one (not GT) as a rental for 3 months well on a trip for work.

I'm not the biggest on the looks of the Legacy, but maybe I haven't looked at the right ones yet. I might look at the Impreza a little more yet, but she is pretty set on a G6 again and I'm cool with that too.. to me it seems like a very good car for the money.