Is My Truck A Ss Or Not

dardy

Hi I just purchased a 2006 silverado ss with a vortex max. The dealer

Said it was a ss but there is not any ss emblems and it has fog lights instead of ram air.

it looks just like my buddys truck who has a ss but I was just curious

if they come without ram air. Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it was a ss but there is not any ss emblems and it has fog lights instead of ram air.

its kinda hard to say without more info?

if by ram air. you mean the vents on the bottom of the bumper. then no its not a SS. unless somebody has replaced the factory SS bumper with a different bumper cover? if you posted a few pictures we could help you out a bit more. your truck could be a V-max which are still very nice trucks. post up some pictures or more info on the truck? What color, interior options, engine, is it 4WD. x-cab or crew cab.

easiest way is to check the vin the 8th or 9th character should be an "N" if no N then no SS. Also jdging by the color you have listed in your info as being Summit White they never made an SS in Summit white so you either bought a V-MAX or a custom painted SS which i have seen a few

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

easiest way is to check the vin the 8th or 9th character should be an "N" if no N then no SS. Also jdging by the color you have listed in your info as being Summit White they never made an SS in Summit white so you either bought a V-MAX or a custom painted SS which i have seen a few

worthless.gif

What'd ya pay?

Its 2wd and the eight character in the vin is an n. The color is speedway white

But the option wasn't there when I signed up. It is extended cab but it didn't have the ram air it has fog lights

and it has no emblems. The owners manual only says silverado so im just trying to make sure.

Welcome to the family, any and every question you might have will be here or answered by some stand up people, truck's lookin good man, brings back memories of mine when I first got it. And now let the modding addiction begin, better hide your wallet :takealook:

2005silverado008.jpg

2005silverado002.jpg

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

That's a nice truck, and pretty rare - they made fewer Vortec Max trucks than SS trucks, and most of the VMax trucks were GMCs - yours is a sleeper! You will find it has identical running gear to the 2WD SS of the same year, just not the SS body kit or leather seats. Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the forum! :chevy:

Mr. P.