Truck Not Sitting Level

So I am looking for a few suggestions on how to fix my problem. So I have always know that my right passenger side rear sits about a half inch higher than the driver side. I have never really worried about it cuz it wasn't noticable all the time. However, now that I have put my drop in I notice it all the time and it's driving me nuts! I have 2'' shackles and 2'' hangers in the rear. Both sides are the exact same. Anyone have any safe none africanized engineering ideas on how to lower the passenger side 1/2 inch?

Are you sure you have the shackle bolts in the same hole. that is wierd usually the driverside sits alittle higher than the passenger due to the fuel tank but i have never heard of it that way i am with the rest just take out your overload spring.

Are you sure you have the shackle bolts in the same hole. that is wierd usually the driverside sits alittle higher than the passenger due to the fuel tank but i have never heard of it that way i am with the rest just take out your overload spring.

Ya I am sure I bolted them up correctly. I think i will just have to take it out. Hopefully I wont have to invest in some caltracs.

I've ran across this same problem.

Weird thing is when I measured from ground to the wheel well I got the same measurement. Then when measuring from the center of the wheel to the wheel well I had close to ¾" less on the drivers side. I'd have a 2 finger gap between tire & well on the passenger side but less then 1 finger gap on the drivers side.

Now the funny thing is when I put my summer wheels on. all my measurements are the same as well as the finger gap. *Scratches head*

I'm blaming the drivers side tire probably being taller even though the tires were all purchased at the same time.

NORCAL SS do you have a secret to raise one side up ½" to ¾"?

I was thinking maybe a block under the leaf or air shocks ran on a single line. But I don't know which shock I'd have to purchase due to the drop. hmmmm

I haven't actually measured the tires to see if that's the problem I have yet but that will be where I start.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

I haven't actually measured the tires to see if that's the problem I have yet but that will be where I start.

Well I feel like a DUMB AZZ.

I was putting the stocker back on today and noticed the rear drivers tire is a 275x60.20" not a 275x55x20" like the other 3 UGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yup it's about 1" taller tire :/

When I bought the truck it had new Michelin LTX M/S but at stock height I never noticed. One would think when the previous owner purchased the tires as a set the tire place would give him the same size. I know that the previous owner purchased them because I called him before I purchased the truck from the dealer LOL

So now I face the question, Do I spend the $250+ to get the matching sized tire or just not worry about it. (lots of life left on these tires).

*Shaking My Head*

• 5 weeks later...

Well I feel like a DUMB AZZ.

I was putting the stocker back on today and noticed the rear drivers tire is a 275x60.20" not a 275x55x20" like the other 3 UGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yup it's about 1" taller tire :/

When I bought the truck it had new Michelin LTX M/S but at stock height I never noticed. One would think when the previous owner purchased the tires as a set the tire place would give him the same size. I know that the previous owner purchased them because I called him before I purchased the truck from the dealer LOL

So now I face the question, Do I spend the $250+ to get the matching sized tire or just not worry about it. (lots of life left on these tires).

*Shaking My Head*

Either way you go, definitely DO NOT put the different size tire on the rear. The rear tires should be the same size (side to side) as not to destroy the differential!