Cat replacement

I infected a neigbour at work, so now he has an Avalanche :thumbs:  with the 8.1 and 8-lug wheels. Do you know a good website for Avy's? He would like 20" wheels and paint the plastic or take it off (how?).

Any advise is helpfull.

Send him to the Avalanche Fan Club, there is information there about anything and everything Avalanche-related, more than he could ever weed through in a year...even a whole section on 2500 AV's. :thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've installed the Vortech, or not?  I wouldn't worry too much, personally, about a small amount of KR until it's on, if it's not.

No vortech yet, i think this becomes a thing for the winter.I have a nice job but it takes too much freetime. :crazy: I got a superchips handheld with the set (after sending a certificat) I am also waiting for some tools to put it on. Overhere every tool is metric....

I also have the shiftkit and corvetteservo to mount.

For now i am trying how to work with hptuners so when the vortech is on i can finetune it. I think i make 2 programs, one allout for the strip and one conservative to drive.

I think nearly every bolt is metric on our truck, as well.

The carter has to be drilled and tapt (?) 3/8 npt. For the tapset i have to wait 2 weeks. For the fuellines i have in order from midlock a set of demontageadaptors that isn't metrisch either, also 2 weeks waiting.

How long work will the shiftkit and servo take me? , i have an carlift.

Man, I don't get it. I honestly do not know why anyone finds the Avalanche attractive with that HUGE hunk of bolt on plastic behind the cab. If it didn't come that way from the mfg and a consumer did that they'd be stoned out of town for doing something that ugly. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

• 5 months later...

Archived