Cat replacement

Found some time to put my catreplacements on, ididn't do any tuning yet, but no dashlicht is on. I had them welded by a exhaust-shop overhere. When tech-inspection comes in 2.5 year i can bolt the cats right back on and reverse after inspection :D .

IM000672.jpg

IM000673.jpg

IM000674.jpg

IM000675.jpg

IM000676.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any noticeable gain or increase in exhaust noise? I was thinking about doing that also, but your set up is way more involved than I was planning on doing. It looks great and now I think I am going to look into copying your set up. Keep us posted on any SES lights! :thumbs:

Very nice and clean installation.  :thumbs:

I see you have a steel driveshaft.  It is strange that yours is not aluminum or did you change the driveshaft for more strength?

It's the front and steel.

Is there any noticeable gain or increase in exhaust noise? I was thinking about doing that also, but your set up is way more involved than I was planning on doing. It looks great and now I think I am going to look into copying your set up. Keep us posted on any SES lights! 

Yes exhaustnoise is up but, not the deep rumble i am looking for :( it's more a mettalic noice. Drove 60 miles and no ses-light.

Nice looking install chiel did you say you had them made? or did you buy them ready made? I would do those definately.

Jonathan

At the exhaust-shop i told them what to do: they cut the catylisators (after marking front and botom and which site) with an electric saw as short as possible, then they cut some pipe to make space for the flanges (good word?) then they spotwelded the flanges to the catylisators and the 4 pipes, bolted everything together and made the welding so nothing could move, then they unbolded the cats and welded everything correctly. After this they took a stainlesssteel pipe and bended it and cut it to the right size welded the flanges on and ready were my catreplacements.

Nice job Chiel. Looks good. :thumbs:

Thanks for the tips on how to install the flanges.

I considered doing something similar, but just ended up cleaning my cats instead. :jester:

If you get the SES light, Bryan should be able to fix that in your tune. (maybe he already did...?)

I am waiting on a tune from Bryan and he said to do the gutting of the cats and wait to see if there is an SES light and then he would go from there. There reason he said to not delete the back O2 sensor right off is that if I end up not removing the cats I could have a clogged cat and never know and that gutting the cats could also never set off a code for the back O2 sensors.

After driving 100 miles

SES-light was on. code: p 0420 catalyst system low efficency (ses) (old) (history) (current) (immature)

Car drove as normal.

I have hptuners and reset the light, but i think it will go on again :nonod:

Any idea's?

O2 simulators you can buy to fool the computer into thinking the cats are still there. I know Creederado has them on his truck.

I also think he got his at Thunder Racing too. He's had them for over a year, with no codes or problems. Sounds a lot better too.

:seeya:

I think you will get another code to;

I got P0420 and P0430

Catalist below threshold bank 1 and 2

I have Lyndon working on a new tune for me now to get rid of them.

The SES light comes on every couple days, I just read them and then erase them for now. Oh, and I gutted my SuperMaxx high flow converter and then I got those codes.

That exhaust work looks sweet, very nice job and much better flow than just gutting the cats.. :thumbs:

Bill-03-SD

Archived