Exhaust Mod For 6.0L

1500VHO

You made the right choice going Corsa. I would recommend the Touring muffler, they are just about the same sound volume as the Sport, but not as 'nasal' sounding so the exhaust note doesn't carry as far on the wind as the Sport. I am glad to hear that Corsa offers the kit in 409 stainless now, the 409 is "OEM" grade and 304 is "premium" grade. You asked about installation, the beauty of the Corsa kits is that you yourself can install them in your driveway and save labor $$$ in the process, the Corsa design is easily installed and fits wonderfully. You'll be very proud of it. Oh, and absolutely NO drone either - get the Touring muffler if possible is my 2-cents.

Mr. P. :)

You made the right choice going Corsa. I would recommend the Touring muffler, they are just about the same sound volume as the Sport, but not as 'nasal' sounding so the exhaust note doesn't carry as far on the wind as the Sport. I am glad to hear that Corsa offers the kit in 409 stainless now, the 409 is "OEM" grade and 304 is "premium" grade. You asked about installation, the beauty of the Corsa kits is that you yourself can install them in your driveway and save labor $$ in the process, the Corsa design is easily installed and fits wonderfully. You'll be very proud of it. Oh, and absolutely NO drone either - get the Touring muffler if possible is my 2-cents.

Thanks for the advice Mr. P

The problem is - Corsa does not make the touring muffler with the 409ss material. Just the sport series. So that is what I purchased.... I hope it sounds as good on the outside as people say. On the flip side, you and others have stated that there is no drone! That is very good to know...

Take care, :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Well after waiting a month, I finally received the Corsa dB exhaust system... Wow!! Everyone on this site was absolutely right. It sounds great at idle or when hammerin' down the road. At cruising speeds, (55-75MPH) ABSOLUTLELY No drone at all !!! Man am I happy!!

It was easy to install as well... The truck had some exhaust mods made before, but installation was still right on the button...

Thanks to everyone for their input... Now I need a radar detector! wink, wink....

...Thanks to everyone for their input... Now I need a radar detector! wink, wink....

You're welcome. Yeah for me the magic of the Corsa is when you get the truck just wailing at 4000+ RPM, especially if the truck has a 2800-3000 converter then it is just great! And with added forced induction while driving under freeway overpasses :lol: what can I say, I am a child LOL. The thing that most people forget when shopping for catbacks is that the extra couple hundred dollars you pay for the Corsa, you don't have to pay in installation costs!

OH, and on the 'other' recommendation - take it from the career speeder: my fave is the Bel STi Driver, second recommedation is the Valentine-1, all others are garbage.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this isn't at all relative, but I love the Borla exhaust on my 1995 Caprice LT-1 (think Impala SS). That is the best sounding exhaust ever, and it is perfectly drivable... No drone, not loud in the cabin. Really nice, but they are expensive. They were on the car when I bought it... I have had that car since 2006 and it is still perfect, no problems with that Borla exhaust.

Hi Don,

I did look at the Borla's.. but they do cost almost twice as much. Also from You tube, some stated there was a drone effect in the Silverado trucks. I can't comment on that. I'm glad they work for you and the Impala SS!!

As for my Corsa dB's... I've had them on for over 8 weeks and love them. Quiet on the road or highway, but when you hit the loud pedal - They're GREAT! So far everyone loves the sound except the wife... Oh well, can't please them all...

Maybe this isn't at all relative, but I love the Borla exhaust on my 1995 Caprice LT-1 (think Impala SS). That is the best sounding exhaust ever, and it is perfectly drivable... No drone, not loud in the cabin. Really nice, but they are expensive. They were on the car when I bought it... I have had that car since 2006 and it is still perfect, no problems with that Borla exhaust.

Edited by 1500VHO (see edit history)

Hi Don,

I did look at the Borla's.. but they do cost almost twice as much. Also from You tube, some stated there was a drone effect in the Silverado trucks. I can't comment on that. I'm glad they work for you and the Impala SS!!

As for my Corsa dB's... I've had them on for over 8 weeks and love them. Quiet on the road or highway, but when you hit the loud pedal - They're GREAT! So far everyone loves the sound except the wife... Oh well, can't please them all...

I'm definitely in the market for exhaust for my Truck, too. I would love the Borlas just because my other car sounds so great with them, but I can't afford them for this truck. I am leaning toward the Corsa's, too. I hope you continue to like them. Your wife just doesn't understand. I think you may have to have a certain amount of testosterone before you can understand it, lol.... I also a gonna have to make a decision between my car and my truck as to which one gets the most attention (and money)... Best of luck to you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Straight pipes out the back, $200, and thats with dual 18" stainless tips. It sounds like a monster at WOT and almost sounds cammed at idle, especially when it's cold. It's good if you like to wake the dead, and you can barely hear it in the cab.