Wife Had An Accident...

Well all, sorry that it took so long to post but I have left on deployment for a year and have now gotten some time to post this. Last week on Tuesday, 5 days before I left, my wife was running to the store to pick up some items. She turned a corner at a light and was getting a phone call so she pulled off the road to answer. Whe she had seen that it was someone she could call back, she put the phone down and got ready to re-enter the roadway. She was quite far off the road since she pulled off next to a cotton field so as she began turning back toward the road, she seen a truck coming so she stopped. Just as she stopped, that truck clipped the front of the truck pulling it into the road (she was still in he dirt shoulder when she was hit). either she nor the other driver was hurt and the police woman cited the other driver as the aggresor (we're guessing that he was trying to beat the red light and when my wife approached him after the accident, he had his cell phone grasped in his hand).

Now the only problem is the dealer cannot locate that drivers side bumper vent so if anyone has one or knows where I can find one, please let me know. I will still be stateside for a little while longer.

Cody

post-2016-015000000 1303265791_thumb.jpg

post-2016-050775800 1303265799_thumb.jpg

post-2016-041541300 1303265805_thumb.jpg

post-2016-025587000 1303265811_thumb.jpg

post-2016-084543500 1303265817_thumb.jpg

Edited by 56chevywagon (see edit history)

Glad to hear your wife is ok, 10 years later and about half a million in hospitals I am still trying to get myself back together from a car accident in January 2002.

I spoke to SAE Autoparts, and they were saying that gmpartsdirect.com might have a very small amount of them left because they were selling them for quite a bit more $$ than SAE was, hence they might have 1 or 2 left (I called regarding the passenger side but explored how many drivers side ducts were left). There is also a knock off of the brake ducts being produced, I believe they were on ebay but quality was iffy from the pictures.

GL and looks like things are off to good start with the cowl hood :chevrolet:

ouch, hurts to see that. If I remember right you were having a tranny issue, ever get that resolved?

Yep, the tranny issues are solved. I had Hughes build me a street/strip 4L80E with the conversion for the AWD. Bought all the brackets, shortened and lengthened the driveshafts and she's running good...trying to nail down my tune again though.

Yep, the tranny issues are solved. I had Hughes build me a street/strip 4L80E with the conversion for the AWD. Bought all the brackets, shortened and lengthened the driveshafts and she's running good...trying to nail down my tune again though.

Good deal man, hope it's back on the road soon...

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)