New Aeromotive 340 Pump Check It Out...

ok... i had a walbro 255 in my tank for the last 2 years or so, great pump for the money no complaints what so ever. last year i started running e85 (i would recomend this fuel to anybody thats boosted as long as it is availible to you in your area) and i will never run any other fuel as long as i live after the afr's i have seen and absoloutly no kr or pinging what so ever while being on this fuel. im talking afrs not even readable on my aem wide band while fuel presure dropping in the 3x psi and still no pinging ... was it smart? would i recommend it ? of course not but in return i feel i learned a little bit more about the fuel. so any way i had to upgrade to a better flowing pump since i was seeing high 38-9 psi at the rails at wot at shift points making my air/fuel ratio 16-17+ afr's (sometimes not even readale). i pulled my 255 out this weekend took the bed off this was way better by the way then dropping the tank, i did the tank drop last time sucked bad! pulling the bed off was easy 8 bolts and unplug two harnesses on the bumper and have 3 guys i would

recomend at least and simply lift and set down on the grass. then you get to clean all of the built up dust and dirt every where ....:D

so i got the 340 pump in and it literally took the spot the walbro took just had to splice the two wires and heat shrink them together and your done...

i got 2 340 pumps one was a 11141 and a 11142 part # from aeromotive either one will work with our trucks basicly the same thing just the filters are pointing different directions, for example one points left one points right.

here are a couple comparison pics of the two pumps side by side ....

walbro 255 on right and the aeromotive 340 on left . 340 cosmetically looks allot better but dont think it matters since its going to be way out of sight ..

2011-04-17_19-26-24_322.jpg

pictures of the two sock filters . the walbro filter is flexable areomotive not so much and the 340 filter is fatter but not as long..

2011-04-17_19-26-36_207.jpg

both pumps and basicly identical besides the filter and the conectors they com with. the conector on the 340 is a snap in connector way better then the connectors that cam with the 255...

2011-04-17_19-27-25_379.jpg

2011-04-17_19-29-01_336.jpg

this is everything that comes with the 340 kit...

2011-04-17_19-31-03_144.jpg

so test results ...

so far at a idol the are measuring the same fuel pressure 62-66 psi at the rails according to my digital aem fuel gauge.

i haven't done any tuning since the swap so everything is going to be seat of the pants or according to my gauges. (i have all aem digital gauges fyi)

so on the road i went. feels allot stronger up top but its still running a lil lean , not as lean as b4 but in the 14-15 afr range and my fuel presure is mid to low 50's and have seen it break into the 40's (49psi) . so in over all so far i have gained about 10psi @ shift point which is 6200 rpm's and lost 2.0 on my afrs. i dont know if this is something my tuner can fix if not thats why i bough another one :pimp: stay tuned ill be posting more info as i get it.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

are u getting and pinging or KR in high rpms with ur afr in the 14s? justin might need to have a retune done cause that sounds like ur getting the proper fuel to the motor but its not dumping enough in at WOT. are u still on MAF or are u speed density now?

im really curious if it actually push's that much more fuel , the thing looks dam near identical just with aeromotive branding on it . i cant see it really making that much more flow/volume but im curious to say the least as a twin set would drop in on my dual setup

do you have any tested flow reading from the two ? walbro vs aeromotive? what difference in amps/volt do they pull?

Chase, over on ls1tech there is a huge 20+ page write up on the walbro vs the 340. The 340 flows 340lph vs the 255lph for walbro but at what voltage i can't remember. I will look for the thread on them that Aeromotive posted.

Jon I got my 340 in the mail the other day too. I got the 11140 model though that had the center inlet.

im more curious as to what they run at 12-13 v or whqat we actually see without the voltage boosters. i know some are reliable but the magnavolt is the absolute biggest pile of crap ever and they are guaranteed to fail within a few months.

im very curious as i may consider swapping just need to pull my bucket to see which numbers i need.

anyone have a linky to thread on tech?

So I'm installing my inline bosch044 this week! I'm confused why no one runs an inline pump with the 30 dollar relay kit and leave your stock pump alone?

Please feel free to educate me, It's also claimed to flow better than the in tank without a "pre pump"

my math is not that good to go too into detail...but I have heard guys pull alot of amps running the bosch pump, ie melting wires AND the factory wiring is not that robust.

I think the boost a pump allows you to dial voltage to the pump...so if you up boost you could up the voltage and get a bit more fuel. I dont know about install...

well after research it appeards the new aeromotive is good at lower pressure's but at higher pressure isnt all that and will barely outflow my walbros at 60 psi (i run 40 psi base and 60 psi boost ref @ 20 psi) so not really worth the cost's to me .

a fuel cell with two big dog magnafuel's will be my choice eventually to make big power on e85 , but at that point none of my currment hardware will support that. that will require an even badder aluminum rodded motor with a serious crank and some serious twin turbo's.

i would be weary of taking a dragonslayer past 1500 hp

well after research it appeards the new aeromotive is good at lower pressure's but at higher pressure isnt all that and will barely outflow my walbros at 60 psi (i run 40 psi base and 60 psi boost ref @ 20 psi) so not really worth the cost's to me .

a fuel cell with two big dog magnafuel's will be my choice eventually to make big power on e85 , but at that point none of my currment hardware will support that. that will require an even badder aluminum rodded motor with a serious crank and some serious twin turbo's.

i would be weary of taking a dragonslayer past 1500 hp

I live about 35 min from Callies, and my buddy just got a crank from them. We went to get it from the factory, and we were talking to the guys there about their different cranks. They said they have seen 1800rwhp+ on the dragonslayer cranks.

I just got my hotwire harness for the pump too. This goes straight to the alt.