Chevy 6.2

kwaves11

Well Im gonna be going abroad for the next two years so the SS has got to go but I've been looking into what to get when I return. Today I test drove the 6.2 LTZ because Im interested in doing the callaway 540 but I gotta say I was disappointed. It was nothing like the SS. It was slower, didnt handle as well, and didnt hook up with the road as well as the SS does. And its only available in 4x4 not awd so thats a negative. It was a big let down but at least now I have an idea of what ill be looking for when I get back. Another SS!

ya i test drove the 6.2l before i decided on trucks and i was highly dissapointed in the truck. my 06 silvy 5.3 woth a tune ran better i thought. i was not impressed at all on how the truck drove and felt compared to the ss. i guess that is why i went with the ss. i could see how it would be a great truck all tuned up though. i think i would get a denali for my next truck if they dont come out with a new ss

I thought about dropping a 6.2l and new 6 speed trans into my 2000 silverado but changed my mind quick when I saw prices on that stuff. There is one guy that did the switch in an older 90's model silverado. I still can't decide if I want to mod this truck to make it show worthy/track monster. It takes a $hit load of cash to make ECSB fast(mid 12 sec.) and look good.

I guess I was expecting a newer "SS", and I can see how it would be quick with a few mods but the same thing can be said about an SS. I just hope they come out with something new by the time I get back.

I guess I was expecting a newer "SS", and I can see how it would be quick with a few mods but the same thing can be said about an SS. I just hope they come out with something new by the time I get back.

Yeah, any truck will be quick with mods. But I don't think any SS has broken into 13s with just a tune, exhaust & intake. It is 403HP vs 345 HP, it feels like that because of the terrible stock tune. Once your tuned it is a completely different truck. Check out the vid.

My link