Exhaust Air Box And Chip

hey guys im new to silveradoss.com. im 17 and just picked up an 04 ss with 22xxx miles on it and I love it. im looking to do some minor mods to the truck nothing serious not looking to go into the headers or anything like that. looking to get as much more power and torque out of my truck as possible with a new exhaust, air box and chip. I was wondering what is the loudest exhaust and exhaust with most hp gain? what is the best air box? i know k&n is always reliable but i want one with most power gain. and lastly for a chip? im deciding between the diablosport predator, the hypertech max energy, superchip cortex or flashpaq. so i know this is a lot but any and all of your time is greatly appreciated. i want the most gain, theres so much out there im looking for someones personal opion on those three items. thanks a lot guys

http://www.stylintru...-_scanners.aspx

-website with the chips im looking at

Edited by FoundOnRoadDead (see edit history)

wont get much gain out of a CAI, exhaust most go with magnaflow or corsa, get a PCM tune from wheatley or blackbear, also....use the search button there are a million threads on CAI and exhaust

Contact him on the site or search it out to see where his next tune day is. The New England guys are trying to set something up for those that didn't make it last year to the tune day.. It sounds like he is trying to make his way back up here. But if yo cant wait he can send you the tool that you would need to TUNE your truck..

There isn't a mechanic that can do this!

Oh and a side note your trucks color is Victory Red not red jewelclosedeyes.gif!!!

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Contact him on the site or search it out to see where his next tune day is. The New England guys are trying to set something up for those that didn't make it last year to the tune day.. It sounds like he is trying to make his way back up here. But if yo cant wait he can send you the tool that you would need to TUNE your truck..

There isn't a mechanic that can do this!

Oh and a side note your trucks color is Victory Red not red jewelclosedeyes.gif!!!

Thanks a lot for your help, I went on the blackbear website they have a tune day sometime early june in NJ and im gonna try and make the trip out there. Thanks for the advice. And side note I changed the color to victory red

You could get the mail order tune and then get it retuned when you meet blackbear.My truck is dead stock and I just got my mailorder tune.I swear the truck picked up 30HP and a solid 3-4 MPG.Best $200 I ever spent.

Thanks a lot for your help, I went on the blackbear website they have a tune day sometime early june in NJ and im gonna try and make the trip out there. Thanks for the advice. And side note I changed the color to victory red

Again if you can/ want to wait I bet he will be coming up more to the Mass area. We had a HUGE turnout last yeah!! Some got a tune and then after we went for wings!!!! I got mine done and I wish I didn't wait till I had 100K on the truck!!!!!! The tune is awesome!!!

The only chips you need are some Doritos with your BlackBear tune. I got the AutoCal so I can get him to change my tune whenever I add new parts. The flow master duals are pretty damn loud,but I heard they have drone inside the cab. I think the best for performance will be a Corsa.

Where in CT are you from? Im in CT as well. As far as exhaust the best sounding exhaust with stock manifolds is a corsa but those systems are pricy and you cant buy just the muffler unless you find someone trying to get rid of just the muffler which is usually pretty rare. If you dont want to dish out the money for a corsa then get a magnaflow muffler and have a exhaust shop weld it in place of your stock muffler. As far as an intake you wont really notice much difference between brands as far as power wise for the most part what I did is buy a spectre intake from summit for $140 bucks which is the exact same thing as the AEM brute force intake just with a different filter, but on mine I swapped out the spectre filter for a good K&N filter and it works perfect. As far as a tune do like people said get a tuned PCM from Wheatley or Blackbear I personally use Nelson Performance and Im happy with it but ive heard nothing but good things about Wheatley and Blackbear so those 2 would probably be your best bet. Out of those 3 things youll notice the tune the most. Depending where in CT you live I can reccomend some places that would do a awesome job on welding your exhaust up and what not too!

I was in a Sss witha complete Magnaflow system and it was loud.The owner told me got headaches on a long trip.Another member told me that just adding the Magnaflow muffler gave him a lot of drone inside the cabin.Something to consider.I've heard nothing but good reports on the Corsa.Just my 2 cents.I'd sure like to hear some before and after performance/mileage results with any afermarket exhaust system.

Good luck.

Where in CT are you from? Im in CT as well. As far as exhaust the best sounding exhaust with stock manifolds is a corsa but those systems are pricy and you cant buy just the muffler unless you find someone trying to get rid of just the muffler which is usually pretty rare. If you dont want to dish out the money for a corsa then get a magnaflow muffler and have a exhaust shop weld it in place of your stock muffler. As far as an intake you wont really notice much difference between brands as far as power wise for the most part what I did is buy a spectre intake from summit for $140 bucks which is the exact same thing as the AEM brute force intake just with a different filter, but on mine I swapped out the spectre filter for a good K&N filter and it works perfect. As far as a tune do like people said get a tuned PCM from Wheatley or Blackbear I personally use Nelson Performance and Im happy with it but ive heard nothing but good things about Wheatley and Blackbear so those 2 would probably be your best bet. Out of those 3 things youll notice the tune the most. Depending where in CT you live I can reccomend some places that would do a awesome job on welding your exhaust up and what not too!