• 3 years later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is exactly what I want to do. My oil cooler lines are leaking as well and I'd rather just solve the problem once and for all.

How exactly do I convert the steel tubing to the AN fitting though? Does this require welding at all? I think I generally understand how this all works but I'm not sure, still pretty new to all this.

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, Tru Killer said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is exactly what I want to do. My oil cooler lines are leaking as well and I'd rather just solve the problem once and for all.

How exactly do I convert the steel tubing to the AN fitting though? Does this require welding at all? I think I generally understand how this all works but I'm not sure, still pretty new to all this.

Earls makes a billet plate that bolts to the engine and has male AN Line ends you can use to run line to the radiator. You will need to get adapters to go from the radiator line to AN. 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, IndySilveradoSS said:

Earls makes a billet plate that bolts to the engine and has male AN Line ends you can use to run line to the radiator. You will need to get adapters to go from the radiator line to AN. 

Do you have a link by any chance?

Dont waste your money on an fittings.  Just take the old lines out and cut the crimp part off the lines.  Under the crimp is a slightly barbed line.  I used some good braided hose and clamps.

14 minutes ago, IndySilveradoSS said:

Ahh I see.. so basically it replaces that plate and then also allows you to run your own lines. Do you think I'd be able to run braided stainless steel lines the whole way? The OEM oil cooler lines are part hard-line and part rubber.

1 hour ago, Tru Killer said:

Ahh I see.. so basically it replaces that plate and then also allows you to run your own lines. Do you think I'd be able to run braided stainless steel lines the whole way? The OEM oil cooler lines are part hard-line and part rubber.

Yeah you’ll be fine. I’m running Braided from there to the cooler.. I think it looks better than the factory lines. Also doing my trans cooler lines in braided too