Ac Belt Keeps Poping Off... Help Please! !

idahoBLKss

My ac belt started piping off a while back. I split the oem belt back b4 xmas and got a new belt and it did it again so I got a new tensioner from vato zone. Just got around to putting the new belt on since summer is closing in and it still pops off!! Any body have any info why it would still be happening after a new belt and tensioner and what can be done to stop this bs. Thanks in advance..

This is the belt I got ...

2011-03-31_23-10-53_367.jpg

And I think the tensioner was the same brand too that I got. You think I should get a oem tensioner thou any way?

I dont like Auto Zone brand parts for shit. Unless your pulley is wobbeling or you have a bad tensioner then the belt should stay on. You sure the belt is the proper length? If your pulley was wobbeling then your Serpentine belt would be falling off too. Try using a shorter belt to see if that takes care of it.

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

You guys are lucky... on a spirited merging onto a freeway, my ac belt decided that the truck was going to fast and shreded apart... when that happened, it took out the front main seal with it. I replaced it with an oem belt and no issues since.

Well i replaced bot belts on my truck at like 105k with the oem belts and one day when I tryed to use the a/c is when it wouldnt really work than I realized it was hanging on haha I put the belt on right. At this point im not sure if I want to buy an new belt and tensionr? How do you test if the compressor is seased?

had issues at the dealer of A/C compressors locking up momentarily and throwing the belt

This would be my guess also, when my the AC Compressor Clutch on my Tahoe seized up last summer, it wound up snapping the AC belt.......thank god there wasn't any other damage.....

im having the problem as well, i just replace my tensioner and the belt , i use a shorter belt since i have an ati damper and there a/c pulley is a bit smaller so a shorter belt is required. i checked on alignment and seems fine . may have the compressor going out but its hard to tell.

i did just re-charge the a/c after i got it back from rick but a way to find out is go under the truck with it running and have someone do some snaps of the throttle in park. this is what i will wind up doing .

HAHAHA, the problems written right there on the label, you need a belt, not a "BANDA" hahaha J/K. My truck used to do that constantly, but I got a goodyear gatorback belt from autozone and it fixed the prob. They are a little more expensive but hey, ive had it on there for the last 50k and its been good :-)

Andy