The Official L.E.D. How To Guide

idahoBLKss

Does anyone know anybody in the LA area who might be able to tackle a job like this? I have called a few stereo shops but no luck. Maybe a member might want to do this for some cash? I don't mind taking my truck apart and shipping the items out. After just recently changing my interior lights to l.e.d. (highly recommend) I would love for the rest of the interior to match.

^^ X2.... Same here I also changed out my interior lights to LEDs and would pay someone in the SFV to do the same on all switches and cluster...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

imagehyp.jpg

In the midst of this upgrade, Thank you so much for this write up. You've made finding the correct polarity simple and easy to follow.

LighthouseLED is where I found the correct LEDs and resistors.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I just put the LEDs in my steering wheel and AC controls. The steering wheel turned out great but the AC controls the LEDs are extremely dim. They all work, just dim. Any ideas what I did wrong?

80C162F9-F05A-473C-83A6-A4D56986C3DE-3864-0000040287292AC9_zpsf41016d5.jpg

You'll have to solder in bulbs where there weren't any. Also the fan speed button I had to solder two bulbs right next to each other pointed up and down to illuminate both sides. I'd recommend NOT pointing the led's directly at the button face. Since the flat top led's seem to direct the light and focus mainly in one direction they tend to shine too much making some of the buttons brighter then others.

FYI GUYS, on the slider control ac unit , one of the leds needs to be swapped , i think i posted the wrong pick when making this thread . i think its the led to the left of the slider that is wrong. sorry. if i ever pull mine apart again ill correct this with the right pic. (looks like chase addressed this problem on post number 19)

silveradovho ,i got all mine on ebay , yes the 140's should be fine.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

where is everybody getting their led's i can only find 140 viewing angle is that good enough

i bought the 3mm, 5mm and 1/4 watt 470 ohm resistors on eBay. Here are the links... I'm in the middle of doing it all.

So far have done the gauge cluster, the a/c control panel and a couple other pieces and it has worked great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180738620905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180738620949?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230763443751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649