The Official L.E.D. How To Guide

idahoBLKss

The mirror adjust isn't blue I kept it the orange color and if it wasn't lit at all it because the side selector probably wasn't in the middle spot. Good point about the clear peice I forgot to write that up in the how to.

just wanted some feedback im about half way through this and am noticing the flat tops led arent as bright as the dome tops . i noticed in your video that your mirror adjust switch isnt lit up , after doing the driver side i kept having the leds come in contact with the clear plastic that they illuminate through. what i did was drilled a small 3/16 hole about 1/8 deep to allow the led to fit into , without doing so would not allow me to fully clip in the led/switch board. i tried but it popped the solder right off.

i also added an extra led into the "passenger" illumination cubby on the airbag switch , i was able to finess and solder directly to the film i got a weller solder iron and man is it bad ass , level 3 seems to be the best setting as for getting the solder melted without hurting anything .

what i want to try is get some dome led's and lightly sand each one making it a flat top , imo that will make everything much more uniform . i really dont like the hot spots im getting thus far.

i also picked up a lux nav with all the goodies , will be doing that in led as well as the lux bose audio upgrade. more bass here i come .

thanks for writing this up , it definatly helped me out with the positive and negative side.

i wouldnt want to do this again but honestly its pretty darned easy , just finesse and concetration is key .

Thats why I have added numerous leds so that I can get rid of the hot spots. I am actually thinking about testing something new out for you guys that wamt to do a true bright white in your gauge cluster that will look like the high end sport and luxury car cluster with no hot spots .

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

i just finished the a/c controls and i went a little led crazy , one of the polarities is incorrect, its the 2nd manual a/c , the driver side slide cool/heat bulb is 180. ill double check but it got me stuck and luckily i had a multimeter and a 2nd unit to test against.

here is the a/c internally,

2011-05-03192006.jpg

i just lit it up and there are no hot spots what so ever but it also took me about 4 hrs to do just this part

thanks man , its really not that hard imo

im going to try something on the ac control , i want to use two blue and two red leds were i have the 3 in parallel on the slide's this way the colors of the leds are true to the colors on the slide , should look good .

I'm having a problem with mine. Idk what size resistors they sent free with the LEDs but they are getting hot to the touch. I didn't think LEDs are supported to get hot. Almost burn u hot! Had em done and one by one they are goin out. Within 5 mins I had 5-6 bulbs go out.

Does the higher the mcd the hotter n brighter?

If you didn't buy 1/4 watt 470 ohlm resistors then you just wasted a bunch of your time. If they burnt out right away like your saying then the resistors are all wrong. You need to read the first thread of this post I explain which ones to use for a reason and it wasn't for my health... sorry man.

• Like 1

If you didn't buy 1/4 watt 470 ohlm resistors then you just wasted a bunch of your time. If they burnt out right away like your saying then the resistors are all wrong. You need to read the first thread of this post I explain which ones to use for a reason and it wasn't for my health... sorry man.

Seen it bud. They threw in some resistors in free so I assumed they was the right ones and didn't have a label on em. I have some 470 but haven't used any. I just kept using the others cuz they were working now I gotta redo. But Ty for the help.