The Official L.E.D. How To Guide

idahoBLKss

Well looks like I jinxed myself cuz it turns out I didn't read the beginning careful enough and I didn't take pictures of my gauges so now I don't have a reference in where or how to put my needles back do you guys have any ideas on how I can tackle this?

Well looks like I jinxed myself cuz it turns out I didn't read the beginning careful enough and I didn't take pictures of my gauges so now I don't have a reference in where or how to put my needles back do you guys have any ideas on how I can tackle this?

That's the video I used before i did mine. not to sure if it'll help u though... But also be careful when doing the door switches... Especially when reassembling the piece to put back into the door.

I need a new circuit board cuz of this... when ur putting it back together there are 2 clear white pieces.. seems like the bulbs press right

up against them. well in mine it took the solder off from tryin to clip it back together and completely took the tracing from the board with it.

I bought small led's that kinda look like the factory ones... Im going to try them and see if it works.

Edited by Blk_SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know anybody in the LA area who might be able to tackle a job like this? I have called a few stereo shops but no luck. Maybe a member might want to do this for some cash? I don't mind taking my truck apart and shipping the items out. After just recently changing my interior lights to l.e.d. (highly recommend) I would love for the rest of the interior to match.

If you find someone, keep me in the loop as Im trying to have all of mine swapped out as well!

If you find someone, keep me in the loop as Im trying to have all of mine swapped out as well!

pm kelleyperformance (john)

I've seen his work. Puts a lot of effort into the little details... Really not hot spots at all!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I did mine a year ago and my gauges have hot spots galore. I used the flat top LEDs. Would switching all of them to the round top ones solve the hot spot issue? I'm getting tired of yanking this cluster apart. Iv even added many extra LEDs in hoping to fix it, but no luck,

I did mine a year ago and my gauges have hot spots galore. I used the flat top LEDs. Would switching all of them to the round top ones solve the hot spot issue? I'm getting tired of yanking this cluster apart. Iv even added many extra LEDs in hoping to fix it, but no luck,

i think it's a matter of adding extra lights but also positioning them to where they're not directly under a number or what not. it is a pain in the ass! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive noticed in some of the pieces such as the headlight control switch that you used another form of wire to extend the leads on the bulbs! Is there a specific type of wire i should use? Also, in my driver side window switch control, the dimmer doesnt work and they are always on, even when the truck is off! What did I do to cause this?

Ive noticed in some of the pieces such as the headlight control switch that you used another form of wire to extend the leads on the bulbs! Is there a specific type of wire i should use? Also, in my driver side window switch control, the dimmer doesnt work and they are always on, even when the truck is off! What did I do to cause this?

My driver side window controls are always on too!! I want to know how to fix this!