Weird Oil Pressure Issue After Part Replacement, "Help Im Going Nu

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, I installed the line assy from the dealer that i got today and still, the oil pressures dancing. Im prolly gonna replace the pump this weekend but im wondering if thats even the issue. i took a video with my digi cam so lemme know what you think. Thanks....

Andy

Is it possible that some debri from the replacment line got into the oil pressure sending unit,

i may have missed it but, have you tried putting a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it to see what it is really doing. you may have a bad sensor or connection. i would try that before i would tear into the oil pump..my .02

good luck

hey guys,

well i got a new pump installed, removed some aluminum shavings from the pickup screen, and installed a new sender unit, and she came back to life but the gauge still dances a bit. Im pretty much at my witts end. The bounce isnt as bad as it was but it still has me worried that at 4500 rpms im only seeing 40 psi with 10w30 and a cheap fram filter. Could it be possible that some debris got wedged in the oil filter bypass assy in the pan or would that not affect pressure? everything was put back together with the correct torque and cleaned while it was apart? I dunno what do do at this point lol trading her in is looking better and better by the minute.

Andy

heres the weird thing. if i accelerate to 80 and about 2000 rpms the pressure drops to about 30, now if i let off the gas itll go up to about 40. Hmmmm i do wonder if it could be a cluster issue because recently i noticed that my shift indiactor is really dim and sometimes doesnt light up at all. Regarding the stepper motor... where can i get one? the dealer said that they dont replace individual components in the cluster and they want about $347.00 for a new one.

heres the weird thing. if i accelerate to 80 and about 2000 rpms the pressure drops to about 30, now if i let off the gas itll go up to about 40. Hmmmm i do wonder if it could be a cluster issue because recently i noticed that my shift indiactor is really dim and sometimes doesnt light up at all. Regarding the stepper motor... where can i get one? the dealer said that they dont replace individual components in the cluster and they want about $347.00 for a new one.

Silverado777 repairs them. Send him a PM or hopefully he might post up here.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/69001-seen-a-speedo-that-goes-to-200/page__p__768178#entry768178 :takealook:

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

on my WS6, my oil pressure goes to like 25ish when there is 0 load on the motor in a high gear without throttle and increases and drops between shifts depending where i hit the clutch.

the sending units suck balls on ALL gm vehicles and it COULD be that but sounds like its the pump since it goes to 0 when the motor is off.

my vote goes for SENDING UNIT!!!! its not hard to replace really but its a PITA laying on the motor to get to it behind the intake. its not the motor in the cluster because that drops to 0 when the truck is off.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

the $hitty thing is that while i was replacing everything else I went ahead and replaced the sending unit. I noticed a strange thing today while I was driving. Ill be doing like 80mph at 2100 rpms and the gauge will be reading about 30, and when I let off the gas to coast itll jump up to about 40 and sit there and then drop back down when the rpms come down, but I have NEVER seen a gauge increase when you let off the gas. I REALLLYYY hope the motor doesnt have an internal issue.

weird thing is that there arent any weird pinging, clicking, rattling, or tapping noises. It sounds perfectly normal through all the rpm's, but maybe thats because it hasnt ground apart completely yet, lol who knows.

I know im probably beating a dead horse, but when I went to lunch after the truck had time to cool, and the engine temp was at about 25% on the temo gauge, I stood on it, and it was able to achieve 60+ lbs of oil pressure at about 4500 rpms. I know that the sender is located after the oil pump, filter, and cooler, so I am getting ample pressure to the rotating assy, but im starting to wonder if the oil weight im using could be having an effect on it. Im running 10w30 regular non synthetic with a crappy fram filter lol. I didnt wanna waste a k&n when i put this oil in to flush the motor out.

Any thoughts?

btw, my stepper motors should be here in a few days :-) :-) :-)

Get that Fram out of there.

If you want a better filter for flushing it out, and not too expensive get a Purolator, or AC Delco.

Try this too: Drive the truck around so it's nice and warm, and get on it wot for a few seconds. Pull over, and turn off the truck. Pull the dipstick out, and see if there are bubbles on the dipstick with the oil. If so you are getting aeration in the oil from either the pump, pick up tube o-ring, or filter. Also go back to 5w-30.

Also check your PCV setup. Have you changed anything on that? Check your line from the drivers side rear valve cover to intake for suction while running, and if you have a pressed in PCV valve try to shine a light in it to make sure it's not plugged. If you have a grommet and can take the PCV valve out, take it out while running, and put your finger on the end and make sure it is closing and shake it around to make sure the valve is moving both ways.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)