Question In Reference To 90Mm Dbw Swap And X Link

Well for a update. I read up a little on the trouble shooting which is all about the issues I am having and you guys are stating. Tried a few things nothing worked. Called the company and they claim that these issues are completely unrelated to the harness... Well I got a friend that brought by a reg truck intake manifold and tb to try out to see if problems go away. Obviously dr x doesn't think it's them. Anyone rlever deal with speartech?

if you get the speartech harness , 90mm tb and the TAC , your tb will only open about 85% @ wot.

Exactly. Not the way you want to go right now. I went that route 5 years ago because quite simply, it was the only option.

The TB circuit is very touchy. If the difference between each TPS sensor is off just a small amount, it will go into REP for safety. In my opinion, the issue is in the TB however just to be on the safe side, get some electrical contact cleaner and clean out the connections on the TB and each end of the x-link as well as the main harness.

if you get the speartech harness , 90mm tb and the TAC , your tb will only open about 85% @ wot.

Exactly. Not the way you want to go right now. I went that route 5 years ago because quite simply, it was the only option.

Thanks gents for the heads-up; looks like I have a mistake to undo. :banghead:

Mr. P.

Can I open the side of the tb and clean up the tps sensors without a massive change of making the issue worse? Is there a way to tell if maybe the tps sensors are bad? The chevy dealership said the years 06 and 07 they had tonreplace alot of tb because of bad sensors. Wondering if This is a option as well.

Can I open the side of the tb and clean up the tps sensors without a massive change of making the issue worse? Is there a way to tell if maybe the tps sensors are bad? The chevy dealership said the years 06 and 07 they had tonreplace alot of tb because of bad sensors. Wondering if This is a option as well.

Mine is an 06 also... I never had ay issues with the old V1 set up until last summer...I swapped out with a V2 and the problems went away..so I would say it was the harness

Mine is an 06 also... I never had ay issues with the old V1 set up until last summer...I swapped out with a V2 and the problems went away..so I would say it was the harness

Problem wit that brad is that according to all the pictures is I already have a v2 harness...