Question In Reference To 90Mm Dbw Swap And X Link

its a 03 truck that recently got a GMT900 intake and TBSS DBW tb with an x link. Truck seems to run fine off idle but seems as the idle is hanging up and it throws a couple codes then goes into reduce power mode.

ive seen some reports of early X links that were bad, seen some saying the TBSS tb is an issue. Liked to hear others thoughts on this

ive played with idle airflow tables up and down and still doesnt seem like its making much change, so reason why posting up

BroBrad had the EXACT same behavior on his truck (with the exact same setup) - Jason (MidnightRidr) lent him his Dr. X. harness and the problem magically disappeared.

You have two choices -

1) send in the Dr. X. harness for replacement.

2) get your money back on the Dr. X. harness; sell the TBSS 90mm TB; get a TAC module from a mid-90s Corvette ($50 eBay), get a LS2/LS7 90mm TB ($280 eBay), get a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter harness from John Spears ($50 speartech.com) and you will have MORE flow, better throttle body, for $100 less than the Dr. X. & TBSS setup, plus not have that silver dinglebury hanging off your intake manifold.

There, the secret's out now!!!

Mr. P. :)

the tbss /truck 90mm didnt work with the first x-link at all. they required a 5v ref wire from the a/c pressure switch (pink wire)

the 2nd gen x link has a pink wire loop coming from the x link , you either leave it or cut it depending on the tb you are using .

the truck/tbss tb also has issues under boost with the spring not being strong enough and cause problems/rep mode .

Something quik doesent know wtf??

This is all from experience and not shit i have read either. :takealook:

BroBrad had the EXACT same behavior on his truck (with the exact same setup) - Jason (MidnightRidr) lent him his Dr. X. harness and the problem magically disappeared.

You have two choices -

1) send in the Dr. X. harness for replacement.

2) get your money back on the Dr. X. harness; sell the TBSS 90mm TB; get a TAC module from a mid-90s Corvette ($50 eBay), get a LS2/LS7 90mm TB ($280 eBay), get a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter harness from John Spears ($50 speartech.com) and you will have MORE flow, better throttle body, for $100 less than the Dr. X. & TBSS setup, plus not have that silver dinglebury hanging off your intake manifold.

There, the secret's out now!!!

Mr. P. :)

I never realized this was a secret... did the

the tbss /truck 90mm didnt work with the first x-link at all. they required a 5v ref wire from the a/c pressure switch (pink wire)

the 2nd gen x link has a pink wire loop coming from the x link , you either leave it or cut it depending on the tb you are using .

the truck/tbss tb also has issues under boost with the spring not being strong enough and cause problems/rep mode .

:withstupid:

X2

Long time no post for me guys... I kinda got out of the truck scene till I started back here lately.

The truck in question is actually mine. Quik has been doing research for me cause he knows I am to the point of snatching my hair out and about to throw the truck into a car crusher and then burn it... maybe pee on it...

So Ive read this conversation you guys have been having and I am fairly certain quik and you guys have identified my problem.

Now for the questions.

I researched a little and I have the ls2 style throttle body. Not a tbss throttle body. ( I was under the impression the TBSS was a ls2 thereby sharing the same TB with just different intake manifolds) With that being said. Is there anyway to identify which of the dr.x adapter harnesses I have? And the pink wire I am to cut for the ls2 style tb. Well looking at the harness going from the box to the tb has two pink wires under the looming. If one is supposed to have been cut. Which one is it...

IF that wire had neve been cut could that be part of my issue? Wanted to ask you guys before I called the company about a replacement. Also If they dont want to replace it I looked at the speartech site and they have a adapter harness for the same thing. Would it not be just as well to use theres?

Edited by Show&Go (see edit history)

read this thread again and see if you get an answer .

post a picture of your x link , sounds like you have the first gen . dont cut any wires inside of the harness it self(going from the box to the connectors) , it should have either one single pink wire coming out of as a lead. or it will have a loop or two wires coming out of it depending if you bought it used.

the old style x link with the single pink wire is to be used with ls2 vette tb's only , the lead needs to be hooked up to a 5v ref wire in the a/c pressure switch(light grey wire on the a/c pressure switch) you need to tap into this using the pink wire

the new x link , has two pink wires or a pink loop depending if its new or not and the previous owner cut it . you would not need any reference wire for this one and will work with either tb . you cut or connect the pink wires depending on the tb you are using .

i dont know how to explain it anymore black and white than that.

cf0b5c91.jpg

This one is to just show the setup of the box to see if you can identify the generation.

def8b3db.jpg

This shows the TB being used and also you can clearly see the wires coming from the top have two obviously pink wires in it. This was a used manifold that the x link came with. I do not know if previous owner ever had problems out of it. This tb works fine being we installed in on a friends TBSS to make sure it wasnt at fault. Is there a number of wires that should go from top to the bottom incase previous owner had the urge to reloom all of it instead of cutting anything?

that looks like the V1 harness... you need to hook up the loose pink wire to any 5volt reference wire. Like chase said the most common is the a/c compressor 5volt reference wire. you should not cut anywire.

the V2 harness has two pink wire loops. it is those loops that need to either be intact, or cut depending on you application. you can go to torquerush website and get teh full instructions.

the 1st gen had the looms coming out of opposing ends , the new one had it coming from the same side like pictures , unless drx started using the new housing before he changed the 5v ref.