Can Some One Tell Me What It Is

sdnova

Hello everyone,

First post dbanana.gif

Here is my question, i recently had my 6.0maxx bite the dust 113,950 miles. The company i ordered the replacement motor from sent me what i think is a 6.2l. I say this because on the back of the block there is a 6.2l cast in the block. After contacting the company they told me it is a 6.0.. On the back of the motor i pulled out of my 08 v-max i looked and there is a 6.0l cast there..

Here are the casting numbers off the block and the number off the heads.. any help would be great.

head 5364

Block 12594724

Also i noticed the coil packs on my old motor are round and the ones on the new motor are flat. not sure if it matters

Hello everyone,

First post dbanana.gif

Here is my question, i recently had my 6.0maxx bite the dust 113,950 miles. The company i ordered the replacement motor from sent me what i think is a 6.2l. I say this because on the back of the block there is a 6.2l cast in the block. After contacting the company they told me it is a 6.0.. On the back of the motor i pulled out of my 08 v-max i looked and there is a 6.0l cast there..

Here are the casting numbers off the block and the number off the heads.. any help would be great.

head 5364

Block 12594724

Also i noticed the coil packs on my old motor are round and the ones on the new motor are flat. not sure if it matters

where did u get the motor is it the new body style motor or lsx blockdunno.gifsomeone else will chime in that knows a lil more

post a picture.

im sure its probably aluminum . so it may actually be a 6.2 .

are the intake ports in the head like your old motor. or are they more rectangle rather than cathedral?

if so you actually got a score. that motor is more power and worth more resale.

you have a gen4 truck so this motor will drop in , you will need a different intake manifold and throttle body if it didnt come with it . if it did , you will at least need a tune but will come out ahead .

The motor was from a company we use threw work. Its tristar motors. They claim to pull then right off the assembly line. It came complete all sensors,intake,tv,fuel system everything. I called our gm dealer and they couldn't find the casting numbers in there system. I did check and the block And heads are aluminum.

Thanks for the replys.