converting to a 4L80E?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now that i think of it, i've seen that truck in person. if i see it at woodward this coming weekend i'll be all over it like white on rice. maybe i'll work a favor to get some info on it if i can pull that off.

i noticed something interesting during my drooling session at woodward. my favorite truck was there and i noticed after crawling all over the ground to look under it that they've changed the trans in it from the 4L65E to a TH400 or so it appeared, but left the same t-case on it i believe. i wonder if rossler did the swap on that or if it was done by LPE.

btw, this is the truck.

sonoma.jpg

Zippy,

That thing is amazing... Sooooo much power it couldn't put it all down to the ground during that one motor trend shoot out, something ended up breaking right!?? Unreal though, I also love that truck :cheers::jester:

Zippy,

That thing is amazing... Sooooo much power it couldn't put it all down to the ground during that one motor trend shoot out, something ended up breaking right!?? Unreal though, I also love that truck :cheers::jester:

from they way i understood it last time i'd heard about the problems they were having with the 65E was something in the hard parts, but another problem if i recall correctly with a loss of fluid to the pump on the lauch from all the fluid moving to the back of the trans. where i seen it parked at, it was on bfg drag radials in the front and bfg g-force drag radials in the rear with the rear being bald and the front damn close to being bald. it was a thing of beauty. i thought i was going to have to wipe it off. :jester:

Archived