Fun In The Snow

hot rod truck

We've had lots of weather as of late, freezing rain, sleet, snow. We got another 5 inches last night and this morning although the forecast was only 1-2 inches. The sleet and ice earlier in the week amounted to 4-6 inches depending where you lived

So I get out plowing the 5 inches of new snow and some of the ice from earlier in the week is now coming up, so it's beating the shiite out of me and the truck. I'm piling snow/ice taller than the truck. It's taking longer to do as I'm trying to get as much of the ice up as I can since nothing but salt would work on the ice from earlier in the week.

All in all you do what needs to be done.

So I end up at my boss's house and he being the frugal individual he is, nothing but 5 inches of snow and 4 inches of ice underneath. I back drag from the garage doors and get stuck. I can't go forward because of all the snow I just jammed between the plow and the truck and it won't move backwards because of same said snow and I'm on nothing but ice. So now I start digging all the snow out from under the truck from the plow to transfer case. Still won't budge. Boss has no salt, sand, cat litter anything I can throw under the tires to get a little bit of traction, plus I'm on an incline and sunk into the ice trying to get unstuck.

What to do now? I'm frustrated and tired. Call my wife and let her know I'm stuck and I need the SSS.

She sends my youngest son to come rescue me. Hook the front of the plow truck to the back of the SSS and up the incline with the SSS in the deep snow and boom I'm out. I wish I would of gotten pics it was great watching the SSS at work. My boss wasn't aware it was AWD.

So I finished up the plowing and tomorrow I'll remount the plow light that broke from its mount as we are supposed to get another 2 inches tonight.

Just thought I would share my fun with the overpriced underpowered pig of a truck we all love biggrinjester.gif

Now to enjoy some ice cold beers and soak these tired old bones thumb.gifcheers.gif

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)