Wiper Motor Problem

BlueAKSSS

Hey guys quick question, im sure this has been covered before but my windsheild wipers are stuck on. I was driving to class and went to use them and now they will not turn off! I pulled the fuse but the roads are wet and snowy so i need them bad. Do i need to replace the motor or the switch? I can select high speed and they speed up but all others are just constant on. Thanks in advance, Matt

Mine does the same thing sometimes. It's in the switch, and kinda $$$. I had luck for awhile with spraying electrical contact cleaner in the switch and mived it back and forth. Then it did it again about 4 months later. I just pull the fuse when the wiper goes to the bottom of the windshield, and wait a few seconds and put it back in. Usually works.

Had the same problem recently, while I was having some work done on the truck I asked the mechanic to look at it, he said let me see if shocking the motor will do anything, put his fist right above where the wiper motor was and punched down, haven't had the problem since :D

Well I drove around to a number of parts stores and looked for the best deal, O'Reilly's has it for $129 but they had to get it from a different store, so I went home and messed with the old one. Took it apart and wiped off the contacts inside and it works perfectly again, so I have no idea what's up with it. I'll drive it tomorrow and if it gives me more issues I'll get the new motor.

-On another note a new GM motor assembly was ~$312.68! Ouch!

• 1 year later...

Can someone tell me where the hell the wiper motor is? Everything I have seen shows it on the firewall under the hood but there is nothing there where I'm told its supposed to be.

Many thanks for any help