Gas Prices In Your Area?

eeekroar

What are the prices for Premium Fuel in your area as of now??

Recently, got a Sams membership because they are offering premium for 3.04 when across the street is 3.27.Having two vehicles that run on premium gets fairly expensive.Also,got into an argument with my grandpa the other day because he said I was an idiot for running premium because he only runs 83 in his 07 Escalade and claimed it made no difference in performance or mpg. I said, "Well my truck says on the door,premium fuel only." He said bullshit,told him to come look. On the way to the cap I realized,I could not actually remember if it said that, so started praying it did. Wha-la ole Silver-otter didn't let me down!!! So he proceeded to tell me our motors are exactly the same and its just a marketing ploy by Chevrolet, But he also said I was a fool for buying a 2011 Bmw 335xi sedan instead of a new Corvette. How the hell can you fit a family in the back of a Corvette?dunno.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! My grandfather is the same way about premium fuel too! He says its all the same and just a rip off by the gas stations and that they are somehow in business with the car manufactures... yeah, blah blah blah.

He used to ALWAYS run regular in his 04 SS Impala that clearly says 'Premium Fuel Only' (supercharged motor= high compression= premium). Well guess what, the motor blew, FIRST thing the Chevy dealer asked when he brought it in was "did you use premium fuel in it?". Of course he said he did! Fast forward to after the new motor was put in it, guess who is running premium fuel now...

Anyway, back to your question, premium right now is about $3.30-$3.40/gallon. The truck was killing me but then I got a VW Jetta free and now I only drive the truck on my days off so it isn't bad at all.

4cyl, 5spd= 30+mpg= WIN!

...got into an argument with my grandpa the other day because he only runs 83 in his 07 Escalade and claimed it made no difference in performance or mpg...

Then he doesn't drive it hard enough. :jester: Serious answer - if he GOT A TUNE he would see more of a difference between the two fuels; the factory spark timing table is so tame you could probably get the same MPG no matter what fuel you used.

...ole Silver-otter...

:crackup: Awesome! :thumbs:

OH BTW Chevron 93 is 3.29-3.35 here (Dallas). And search the web for the MSN gas prices weather map.

Mr. P. :)

Wow,I thought it was high here. I feel bad for you guys with Super-charged MONSTERS. I think I might buy a Gsxr600 or something getting 50+ mpg. Only thing that worries me are the ladies...........smashing the hell outta me.fingersx.gif