Dynatech Headers

Silverad0 SS

im looking for some good headers,i dont wanna worry about exhaust leaks and such. i know you gotta get them coated which i plan on doing so, so check this link out and tell me if this is a good buy??? http://www.allhorsepower.com/Supermaxx6LTruckSUV.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually,you dont have to get stainless coated....

Instead of $1200+ Dynatechs,save yourself $1000 and get these,they are the exact same and also made out of SS,they are Chinese rip off's of the Dynatechs except they are polished http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I am running a set of LPP long tubes which are also a SS Chinese rip off header but they are a rip off of the mild steel Pacesetter headers.I welded 3" V bands to them for the Y pipe and where it hooks to the exhaust for easy removal. I have been running my headers for 2 years and 30-40k miles and they will still clean up like a new set.

Saving an extra $1000 will allow you to get a custom tune(preferably dyno tuned),cold air kit,exhaust,and you will still have a couple of hundred dollars left over if you shop around for parts.

Edited by broke1 (see edit history)

Instead of $1200+ Dynatechs,save yourself $1000 and get these,they are the exact same and also made out of SS,they are Chinese rip off's of the Dynatechs except they are polished http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I am running a set of LPP long tubes which are also a SS Chinese rip off header but they are a rip off of the mild steel Pacesetter headers.I welded 3" V bands to them for the Y pipe and where it hooks to the exhaust for easy removal. I have been running my headers for 2 years and 30-40k miles and they will still clean up like a new set.

Saving an extra $1000 will allow you to get a custom tune(preferably dyno tuned),cold air kit,exhaust,and you will still have a couple of hundred dollars left over if you shop around for parts.

those almost seem to good to be true... im looking for some quality, like i said i dont wanna deal with no leaks. do you know of anyone running those?

i have the dynatechs on my truck and love them i know they are pricey but mine have been installed for over 2 years now and knock on wood no leaks and as for coating i did not do mine now to be fair with you i do not drive my truck in snow and only got caught in rain twice and they have held up really well and just blued a little bit on the primarys however when you install do not use the supplied header bolts i did and they turned a rusty color so i switched them out to some polished stainless bolts from gardner wescot and those are much much better

i have NON coated pacesetters and i sprayed. requiring coated headers means A LOT of heat (aka hp numbers with F/I or nitrous)

There are a few things I would like to clear up here....first, I want you to remember the saying "you get what you pay for", i'll leave it at that. Second, saying that stainless headers do not need to be coated is a myth. While in fact they will survive just fine uncoated, there are some good reasons to coat stainless headers. If you drive your vehicle year round, bare stainless will pit in time when exposed to road dirt, sand, and salt; coating prevents this and helps your headers look great for a long time. Bare stainless will take on a blueish color after a few heat cycles, many people do not like this, so coating them will keep your engine bay looking nice. The big issue is heat loss.....bare stainless tends to bleed heat off rapidly, and we all know that when it comes to headers that the hotter they get, the better the exhaust will flow. Coating your headers will help keep the heat inside, and out of your engine bay, lowering underhood temps. Lastly, don't be fooled about "header paint", this is a cheap alternative to coating your headers, but will not hold up in the long run....

I have had Dynatechs on my SS for roughly 3 years now, I had them coated right after buying the kit, I can't say enough about them. Yes they are pricey, but they are a proven performer on these trucks...

There are a few things I would like to clear up here....first, I want you to remember the saying "you get what you pay for", i'll leave it at that. Second, saying that stainless headers do not need to be coated is a myth. While in fact they will survive just fine uncoated, there are some good reasons to coat stainless headers. If you drive your vehicle year round, bare stainless will pit in time when exposed to road dirt, sand, and salt; coating prevents this and helps your headers look great for a long time. Bare stainless will take on a blueish color after a few heat cycles, many people do not like this, so coating them will keep your engine bay looking nice. The big issue is heat loss.....bare stainless tends to bleed heat off rapidly, and we all know that when it comes to headers that the hotter they get, the better the exhaust will flow. Coating your headers will help keep the heat inside, and out of your engine bay, lowering underhood temps. Lastly, don't be fooled about "header paint", this is a cheap alternative to coating your headers, but will not hold up in the long run....

I have had Dynatechs on my SS for roughly 3 years now, I had them coated right after buying the kit, I can't say enough about them. Yes they are pricey, but they are a proven performer on these trucks...

"You get what you pay for" LOL If that makes you feel better for paying $1200+ for what I can get for $250,keep telling yourself that.Me,I have bought enough hot rod parts to know what is and what isnt quality and the knock offs of American products by the Chinese is just as good as products made in America as far as craftsmanship.They werent a few years ago but quality control has come a LONG way in the last few years.And I have alot more miles on my Chinese than you have on your Dynatechs.Also another point,HAVE YOU PERSONALLY USED CHINA KNOCK OFF HEADERS OR JUST QUOTING SOMTHING YOU READ?I drive year round and have many miles on mine and so do others and they are holding up just fine but thanks.

Coating on SS headers???I have owned Buick Grand Nationals(plural,ive owned a few and still own 2)for almost 17 years and you better go tell them they need there headers coated(NOT) and they will pit and corrode if not(and wait to be laughed out of the room)Is it best?Yep,for a TURBO vehicle that has high under hood heat.Would you notice anything on your 450hp NA LSx vehicle?NOPE.If you are going for every last HP on your race car and have the $600+ to put a QUALITY coating on your headers,GO FOR IT!!Only other reason its worth it is to fight under hood temps.Unless its high $$ coating with life time no questions asked coating,save your money and sleep well at night knowing you didnt fall for the hype.

And what experience do I have in hot rodding?1 500whp Buick Grand National street car that I have personally frame off restored,every aftermarket part you could put on a GN,non coated SS ATR headers,1 Buick Grand National race car that I have also frame off restored,also every aftermarket part and then some,FAST XFI,NLR AMS 1000 BSTC,Turbonetics GTK1000,HPC coated ATR 4 bolts,4" down pipe,will easily make 700+whp wih stock block v6,1 2005 Mercedes E55,custom dyno tuning,180 pulley,heat exchanger,ported blower housing and TB,makes 570whp/650tq,STOCK EXHAUST,runs 10's,1999 Dodge Ram diesel,p pump,twin turbo,nitrous,water/meth,should make 800+whp,2005 Escalade EXT,SS China headers,JBA exhaust,SCT tune(yea,I have 3 tunes vs your 1),LME iron 408 with CNC LS3 heads waiting to be installed,and I am going to buy a 88mm KB Racing turbo kit when I can afford it,shooting for 1000hp to all 4 wheels.

Waste your money or spend it wisely is up to you,you can do alot more with your funds if you dont fall for the hype on alot of parts.Every 1 has an opinion and these are just some of mine.Ill tell you though,a person who is wise with there money does not spend 5x more on the same product with a different name.Please dont take anything I have said as an insult,we all have to learn somtime!I have probably spent close to a million dollars "learning" on vehicles and could have saved alot of it by being a wiser consumer.

Edited by broke1 (see edit history)

those almost seem to good to be true... im looking for some quality, like i said i dont wanna deal with no leaks. do you know of anyone running those?

Trust me when I say the only thing you are going to feel is a lighter pocket buying real Dynatechs.China rip offs are just as good craftsmanship wise(probably even have better welds)as any American made product.I have seen ALOT of both.

Also,dont know if many know or want to beleive but many USA companys are selling China stuff as made in the USA(like LPP)Easy enough to tell,if its polished stainless steel or alum,its made in China.Pretty much all intercoolers being sold in aftermarket turbo kits are even made in China now.....

Chinease crap. Spend some coin and get the real Dynatech Supermaxx Headers or ARH Headers. Like stated, you pay for what you get. And chinease materials on your truck, you kidding me? :banghead: I guess we are all becoming ricers.....