Awd Vs. 2Wd

Silverad0 SS

Yea ok

Will say this I will take my 2wd any day over a AWD and out of all of my SSS friends I have made only one has beat me in the 1/4 from a roll only on take off the get me. I get better MPG also so have fun gloating about how AWD is so called fast but I would see ya in my rear view chunkin the dueces :)

in STOCK form its going to be real close and wont really matter if its awd or not. if you live anywhere near bad weather awd hands down i would take. if you going to put any kind of real power to these trucks awd will be your best bet specially if you dont want to deal with traction problems. to me that is what makes this truck so special is that its awd, and when i tell people its awd they about flip.

in STOCK form its going to be real close and wont really matter if its awd or not. if you live anywhere near bad weather awd hands down i would take. if you going to put any kind of real power to these trucks awd will be your best bet specially if you dont want to deal with traction problems. to me that is what makes this truck so special is that its awd, and when i tell people its awd they about flip.

your exactly right!!! i love awd, i wanted 2wd im so glad i got the awd lol and you got a sick truck bro i like it

If you want you can buy my intimidator and find ouy why it is hands down the best ss of the ss's.:dbanana:

no.

Amen to that, that is how the SS truck was born, for people in in areas where weather is factor year round. AWD was not offered on any truck recently so that is also why I bought my truck. And awd is 10 times better than 4x4 in the snow.

If you want you can buy my intimidator and find ouy why it is hands down the best ss of the ss's.:dbanana:

You do know a Vortec Max will beat you stock vs stock right?

I wouldnt start bragging you have the best type SS....I am suprised your putting that truck on any salt or sand, even snow. Id consider buying yours but it has seen elements. Their is one right near you with 98 miles on odometer. :pepsicheer:

My RWD gives me all the fun and excitement I want. I am not concerned if someone's AWD is a few tenths of a second or so quicker. First driving cars in the late 60s, there is nothing like a good rear tire burnout for me. I don't need AWD where I live, in fact when it came out with RWD, I was sold! But, to each his own, they are fun and unique trucks either way.

All I am going to say is one, apples to oranges and two.... 2wd burnouts are ok... BUT AWD burnouts is where the FUN is at. :peelout: . Plus try explaining to an officer why smoke was comming out of all four tires and you crossed an intersection going sideways... :crackup: :crackup:

LOL ~ the photo/video section needs a new thread dedicated just to burnouts.

essess ~ amen to that, I'll keep my 2wd and yet I live where I need awd....

chpspecial ~ one of the funnest moments in a car I ever had was awd donuts in my STI in the wet. the buddy that was with me years ago still talks about it.

RWD is not slower than AWD. the only reason the RWD is slower is due to the traction issues. put a pair of DRs on a stock RWD SS and your golden.

RWD is not slower than AWD. the only reason the RWD is slower is due to the traction issues? WTF is that C'mon man lol