Awd Vs. 2Wd

Silverad0 SS

I plan to purchase a fleet of Super Sports. The awd will be used during any type of weather. I have to admit, raging a 2wd truck is alot more fun than 4x4 in a blizzard because it is a challenge compared to 4x4 where you can practically sleep and drive.

I would buy a DEI SS but it would not see rain, snow or grey clouds. It would be a garage queen as it is the pride of chevys truck SS fleet being only 933 were badged. My awd does not see any elements, but once i get an 06 DEI SS the 03 is the daily driver.

As 4 racing, a certain member was trying to decide wether to stay awd or convert to 2wd He went 2wd I but have not seen results, he has not been on in awhile.

both have pros and cons. i'll just say that the fastest SSS are awd. so take it for what its worth. with awd drive weight transfer is different. the rwd trucks you want as much weight to transfer to keep the tires planted. not as much in the awd. the rwd trucks have the beefier rear end but with the awd less stress is put back there. IIRC the rwd trucks were actually slower in stock form due to tractions issues. so i guess run what ya got!!! thumb.gif

not everyone races these trucks.

I've had many fast cars both AWD and 2wd

I had never heard of an ISS until I went to trade my 07F250 (Superduty Crew Cab 8' bed)

I was going to get a new F150 when I saw the ISS on their used lot.

personally RWD is more fun because I like to get sideways and do big smokey burnouts

The ISS is OK... I would've liked a white SS with black leather but N/A as you probably know.

For the record, in stock form both AWD and RWD SS's are very close in 1/4 mile times, it is a toss up on which since they both run high 14's to low15's stock. The AWD models run the "fastest" times because they have been around the longest, and their owner's have spent a ton of time and money in making their trucks fast. Trust me when I tell you there are a few RWD SS's that are not far behind.

Again, stock vs. stock, AWD will win off the line due to better traction and 4.10 gears, but RWD will be better in the long run do to less weight and less parasitic power loss.

Use the SEARCH BUTTON and do some research here on the forum, all SSS's are identical mechanically(engine & trans) with the exception of being AWD or RWD. Furthermore, you are incorrect in saying the AWD has the better rear differential(GM 10 Bolt), when in fact the RWD diff(GM 14 bolt) is larger and much stronger then it's AWD counterpart.....

For the record, in stock form both AWD and RWD SS's are very close in 1/4 mile times, it is a toss up on which since they both run high 14's to low15's stock. The AWD models run the "fastest" times because they have been around the longest, and their owner's have spent a ton of time and money in making their trucks fast. Trust me when I tell you there are a few RWD SS's that are not far behind.

Again, stock vs. stock, AWD will win off the line due to better traction and 4.10 gears, but RWD will be better in the long run do to less weight and less parasitic power loss.

Use the SEARCH BUTTON and do some research here on the forum, all SSS's are identical mechanically(engine & trans) with the exception of being AWD or RWD. Furthermore, you are incorrect in saying the AWD has the better rear differential(GM 10 Bolt), when in fact the RWD diff(GM 14 bolt) is larger and much stronger then it's AWD counterpart.....

:withstupid:

I have a great video to show that the AWD is not really faster than the 2WD

The Black SS is mine AWD and the Red one is Scott's (scooter3) 2WD

We both have the same basic mods (CAI, Tune, Exhaust), and as you see in the video I got a jump on him in the 60', even though my reaction time was much faster I still beat Him off the line, but He reeled me in by the end.

I Ran a 15.04 and he ran a 15.03 (It was over 90 degrees outside)

th_Drags11-7003.jpg

The AWD will get a jump on the 2WD because of the 4.10 gears and AWD but the 2WD is much lighter and has a higher top end because its lighter and has the 3.75 gears

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I have a great video to show that the AWD is not really faster than the 2WD

The Black SS is mine AWD and the Red one is Scott's (scooter3) 2WD

We both have the same basic mods (CAI, Tune, Exhaust), and as you see in the video I got a jump on him in the 60', even though my reaction time was much faster I still beat Him off the line, but He reeled me in by the end.

I Ran a 15.04 and he ran a 15.03 (It was over 90 degrees outside)

th_Drags11-7003.jpg

The AWD will get a jump on the 2WD because of the 4.10 gears and AWD but the 2WD is much lighter and has a higher top end because its lighter and has the 3.75 gears

what rpm did you launch at? it sounded like you didnt even rev up... did you?

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)