Fuel Effencient Suv'S?

thomp62301

With the rising of fuel prices, my 11mpg Jeep Hemi is eating me alive. I'm looking for a new suv/crossover that is more fuel efficent. I decieded it has to be GM and have been lookin at the GMC Terrain AWD. Anyone have one or experience with one of these. They advertise 30-32mpg highway which would be a big improvement but a 4 cly eng in a small suv is my concern.

Thanks

My nieghbor just picked up a black one about 2 months ago......I have had my SS since 8/2005 and always noticed them staring at me/the truck. I recentley said hello and asked how he liked his new chevy (every car he owned was a toyota camry, i think 3 or 4 of them) and he loves the new chevy he got.

That 4cylinder would also be my concern.

My wife has the Equinox, and it gets great gas mileage.

The engine has no balls in ECO mode, and in sport mode it has some but more like a teen boy going through puberty.

Overall it rides and handles nice.

My wife loves it.

With the rising of fuel prices, my 11mpg Jeep Hemi is eating me alive. I'm looking for a new suv/crossover that is more fuel efficent. I decieded it has to be GM and have been lookin at the GMC Terrain AWD. Anyone have one or experience with one of these. They advertise 30-32mpg highway which would be a big improvement but a 4 cly eng in a small suv is my concern.

Thanks

Well it will probably be gutless if its a four banger but you'll have good gas milage. Unfortunatly you can't have your cake and eat it too, I got my wife a 05 table it gets like 17 mpg for the size its not bad and it drives like a caddy.but go test drive it and let us know...you could always put a turbo or something on it lol

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Thanks guys. I was looking at an GMC Acaida and would really llike to buy a new Tahoe but just can't see laying out 15k+ for a dd that would only get 3-4 mpg more than I have now. Thats why the Terrain was an option. The Equinox/Traverse look to "Soccer mom" for me. As for the 4cyl, i'm told it's no power house, but it's better tham the v-6. Something to with the way it shifts and the VVT doesn't make it feel very powerful. Guess if I want my speed fix, i'll have to the ss.

I know your not going to look this but I picked up a 2007 Ford Edge AWD. This thing is awesome. I loaded this car up when my wife and I moved up to Burlington Ma with her parents and I was surprised at just how mu stuff fit into it.. I picked it up for right around 18K with 20K on it. I know its a ford but it has all of the bells and whistles I need its comfortable and its a great car for my newborn son. Just something else to look into..

Gas milage is great i fill it up once a week now. And can go well over 400 miles on a full tank the SS not so much

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

I know its a ford but it has all of the bells and whistles I need its comfortable and its a great car for my newborn son. Just something else to look into..

Ford's frame saved my life. As much I dislike the svt lightning, I will always respect a Ford.