04 thermostats

I noticed on Lingenfelter .com that they have a 160 degree thermostat for the 04 models. My only worry with this is that hypertech told me theirs will be out next month and it will be a 180 degree because of problems with the 160. What do you guys think I should do, go with the 160 from lingenfelter or wait on the 180 from hypertech?

Oh .....NOW Hypertech is fessing up...Mine still runs 190-200(several months later, several fills later and countless hours of trial of error).....Everytime I have talked to them I have been bullshi**ed about how there have been no known problems... :rolleyes:

Note to self: Never EVER buy another Hypertech product!

Would it be better to remove the thermostat all together than trying to get the 160* to work? Thats what I did to my 1992 fullsize GMC and it worked great. I just don't know what will happen with these GEN III engines and the tunning involved.

If you live in a cold climate that requires heat in the winter I would go with a 180, if not a 160 would be fine.

We'll have a shipment of '04 thermos in a few days. They will be listed on our site as of Monday.

Archived