One Wheel Burnout!?!?!?!?

Alright guys i just bought a 2006 SSS (2WD) and when i was coming home from work i saw a buddy of mine and i gassed it and took him (4.8 full bolt on/ tune rscb silverado) and we ran it again from the light, he called me telling me to pull over because he noticed something strange. so i pull over on a side rode in suburb and he backed his truck up behind mine and told me to do a burnout so i did and when he pulled up next to me and told me my truck was only spinning one tire (passenger side) what the heck is going on?

Mmmm good question wander if the the G-80 is messed up. Cause with mine I'll leave 2 marks and a short 2nd gear too. Take it to a mech or a stealership if you have any warranty left

Chances are your diff bit the big one, but there is one thing you can try. Drain your rear axle, remove the cover, and thoroughly hose out all of the clutches with brake cleaner. Inspect the magnet on the bottom of the case for metal filings/chunks, as the drain plug in a 14 bolt rear does not have a magnet in it. Get a replacement gasket from your Chevy dealer's parts counter(~$6, obviously get this before you begin any work), scrape off the old gasket, re-install the cover and new gasket, and re-fill with 3 quarts of 75W-90 GL-5 rated synthetic gear oil. Older, worn gear oil can develop a film on the clutches, which in turn cause malfunctions like this. If this doesn't help, time for some upgrades.....

How many miles on your truck? Do you have an extended warranty?

Were these test burn-outs done with a slow roll into the throttle under say 30mph or did you just romp on the throttle while holding the brake firmly?

They were from a stand still and yea i had the brake held down pretty good

Mmmm good question wander if the the G-80 is messed up. Cause with mine I'll leave 2 marks and a short 2nd gear too. Take it to a mech or a stealership if you have any warranty left

How do i know if its still under warranty?

You should know if there is any warranty left. Contact a gm service dept and talk with a service writer and ask. I am not sure what the fac warranty is on drive train thinking 3yr/36k not 100% though

They were from a stand still and yea i had the brake held down pretty good

Well I am no diff expert however the stock G80 will disengage rather quickly (certain MPH) giving the illusion that your diff is 'open'. Many people at the track make the mistake by doing a high speed burn-out and only cooking one tire. A slow controlled burn out spins both.

I would suggest getting on a wet pad and power brake VERY slow while someone watches. Keep the MPH under 15 and see what happens.

Well I am no diff expert however the stock G80 will disengage rather quickly (certain MPH) giving the illusion that your diff is 'open'. Many people at the track make the mistake by doing a high speed burn-out and only cooking one tire. A slow controlled burn out spins both.

I would suggest getting on a wet pad and power brake VERY slow while someone watches. Keep the MPH under 15 and see what happens.

I think im gonna try that today in the morning, let ou guys know whats up with it