Sss With A Tvs 2300

Interested in anyone with a Silverado SS running a TVS blower and what 1/4 mile times they are running. There are a few guys running high elevens with just a maggie. Wondering what the TVS guys have been able to do. Interested more in motor (plus blower) times. Nitrous is great and all, but..... Thanks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jfyi there is a guy on pt.net with a 122 Head unit he was asking about whatits worth... 2300 6.0L times? what was the guys name who must work for eaton....had a reg cab AWD w/ a RED TVS blower. here

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=399794&highlight=awd+tvs+2300

ok edit.

TVS1900 6.0L

http://www.undrprsr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=40

12.3 @9psi

for ref

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Interesting.....I didn't see that thread before---thanks for sharing. I've been told that the 1900 isn't night and day better, but it is better. BIg differences are that it doesn't suffer nearly as bad from heat soak as the M112. I've heard the 1900 also has a little better topend.

Regarding the 2300, I've heard that it makes better mid to top end as compared to the M112. So in other words it has much more capacity then the M112, but actually makes less torque down low????? Not sure how much and where in the band. Depending on the amount and where, it may be irrelevant anyways.

I've been reading threads for the last 4 hours and haven't found anything conclusive on the capability of the TVS2300 in a truck like mine. The closest example is Ray (Supersub iirc). Problem is he has a huge, i.e. heavy vehicle and has more cubes, bigger bore, heads etc then what I'm currently planning.

Trevor already went 11.80's iirc on just blower with a 1900 but then I think that was with some weight savings, not to mention the truck is lighter then mine. My rig weighs 5500 exactly with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas. If I seen threads of these blowers running mid 11's at my race weight on 6.0's, I'd be all over it. Plus the enticement that the blower will support more cubes, i.e. 408 really gets me thinking..... thoughts for winter..... rolleyes.gif

jfyi there is a guy on pt.net with a 122 Head unit he was asking about whatits worth... 2300 6.0L times? what was the guys name who must work for eaton....had a reg cab AWD w/ a RED TVS blower. here

http://www.performan...ht=awd+tvs+2300

ok edit.

TVS1900 6.0L

http://www.undrprsr....id=44&Itemid=40

12.3 @9psi

for ref

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

thats me lol. I have old times in the 1/8th mile but a lot has changed since then. Mainly Zippy was added to the mix lol. New times coming soon.

Lol

Adam

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.giftrippy i was just thinkin what ur time slips were the other day when i saw ur sig

That was the one combo (Adam's) that comes really close to the combo I'm thinking of in my head. Hell the truck is even the same color---LMAO!

Adam, you have to get some times man and quit teasing me. You're killing me---LOL!!!!

thats me lol. I have old times in the 1/8th mile but a lot has changed since then. Mainly Zippy was added to the mix lol. New times coming soon.

Lol

Adam

Zippy is a great tuner and has alot of knowledge on horsepower, your truck is gonna scream

-subscribed-

I believe their is another SS truck but he has the L92 engine, he is also an Arrival Blue SS. I personally like the TVS alot, good luck on your times Stroke Out SS you have a mean truck their.

I can't wait to see what it does!!! What eighth mile performance did you have again? That was before you got it dialed in with Zippy right? Runs a lot better now??? That is going to run!!!! I'd love to check our your whole combo sometime smoker.gif Are your heads square port or cathedral?

The second the snow melts I'll be at the track lol. So its going to take a little bit of time so we have tao be patient lol. if you have any questions Ill be more than happy to help.

Adam

Yep, I've spoken to him and he is a great guy. Always willing to take time out of his busy schedule---Mad props to him! I can't wait to see the gains he helped you with!!!

Zippy is a great tuner and has alot of knowledge on horsepower, your truck is gonna scream

Do have a link or his username? I'd like to ck his combo out. Thanks.

-subscribed-

I believe their is another SS truck but he has the L92 engine, he is also an Arrival Blue SS. I personally like the TVS alot, good luck on your times Stroke Out SS you have a mean truck their.

My first 1/8th mile runs were low 8's when Zippy started to tune it the best run was 7.6 in the 1/8th. Keep in mined this was with the old motor. Without the spacer, heads, new headers, higher compression and it wasn't dialled in yet. My next trip to the track will be a 1/4 mile track so see how it runs. Zippy has some idea of what it will do but I wont say anything until I go to the track. As for my heads yes they are trick flow 235 Cathedral style ports, very nice head.

I think I have some pictures of the new motor.

Well, not 100% positive, but I would guess that a 7.6 would equal a 1/4 mile et in the 11.90 - 12.00 range. Not bad, not bad. Sounds like you'll have a solid mid 11 second truck if not faster. NICE!!! pepsicheer.gif

Open a photobucket page and post the pics there. It's free and easy.

My first 1/8th mile runs were low 8's when Zippy started to tune it the best run was 7.6 in the 1/8th. Keep in mined this was with the old motor. Without the spacer, heads, new headers, higher compression and it wasn't dialled in yet. My next trip to the track will be a 1/4 mile track so see how it runs. Zippy has some idea of what it will do but I wont say anything until I go to the track. As for my heads yes they are trick flow 235 Cathedral style ports, very nice head.

I think I have some pictures of the new motor.