Automatic Heated Seats

THATGUYCRUZ

Im trying to find out how to have the heated seats come on automatically when the truck is turned on or find out if this is even possible? The same for the heater or a/c can be activated when the truck is started also correct? How do I do this!!!!????

My VIPER remote start system turns on my heated seats after the engine confirms its been started. I don`t know how they set it up, but that points you in the right direction I guess?

squintnoeswerdrun.gif I've got the Viper 5901 remote start system and DLPKGM bypass module that talks to the computer and somehow it turns on the heated seats when the truck is cold. Don't know how it works but it does. I installed the system and didn't program anything specifically for it to do this it just does!!! Which is awesome! pepsicheer.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

It doesn't have anything to do with the acuall car starter itself.

Pretty much all the interface modules for car starters do the heated seats(they also turn on heated mirrors and the rear defrost), most are both seats on low(except trilogic bypasses, they're set to med) when the engine temp is below 32o. The only module you can program that i know of is the ADS line. You can have the seats come on on temp, always, or not at all.

It's not usually 100% reliable and I don't even tell customers about it, because then they expect it to work, and it doesn't allways. It's just a bonus.

Before these interfaces were around, I used to run a wire into the door, programed to pulse after start, and I think there is a dark blue wire off the heated seat/memmory swtich that i would hook up to and give it a negative pulse(If memmory serves me right), that way the seat comes on high all the time after remote started.

But they changed the switches in '03, and i'm not sure if that's the old style switch(99-02) or the new one.

I've had mine apart and it's easy to soldier on to the switch contacts and add a relay.

My VIPER remote start system turns on my heated seats after the engine confirms its been started. I don`t know how they set it up, but that points you in the right direction I guess?

Thats actually the reason I was asking because I had that same alarm system installed on my truck. I just have to figure out how to set it to that setting now that I know it can be done with the remote start.

Thats actually the reason I was asking because I had that same alarm system installed on my truck. I just have to figure out how to set it to that setting now that I know it can be done with the remote start.

It depends on what remote starter interface module was used, most do the heated seats now, but older ones didn't. They come on automatically, theres nothing to set.