2001 To 2004 Ss Front End Conversion

DEBT JET

Hey I've done this exact conversion to my truck and I am having some hood fitment issues. Ive got it lined up to where it doesn't rub, it latches fine in the front center, but it seems to bow out towards each end above the headlights. Check out my pics). Any remedies for this? I really need some help here It's been over a year and I am at a loss as to what else to try. 1zhelp.gif

Any input is greatly appreciated.

pm'd

I have a question about the bumper mount brackets you used. You said you bolted them on and I done this on a truck a while back and had to weld them on. The brackets I used was from a wrecked truck and had to be cut off. Does the bumper brackets have a way to bolt them to the frame?

I have a question about the bumper mount brackets you used. You said you bolted them on and I done this on a truck a while back and had to weld them on. The brackets I used was from a wrecked truck and had to be cut off. Does the bumper brackets have a way to bolt them to the frame?

Yes. The new OEM frame horn ends bolt-on. It came with the bolts and a template. The brackets have nuts welded in them. After I bolted them on I shot some undercoat on it just to seal it.

DSC02314.jpg?t=1291934258

Image10012010173327.jpg?t=1291934366

If I can answer any more questions please let me know.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Do you by chance happen to have all the part numbers needed for the conversion? I've got a 99 regular cab that needs a new front end, and I really want to make it look like an SS. By the way, love your truck! It looks amazing!

Thanks in advance!

Do you by chance happen to have all the part numbers needed for the conversion? I've got a 99 regular cab that needs a new front end, and I really want to make it look like an SS. By the way, love your truck! It looks amazing!

Thanks in advance!

I have some of the part numbers but not all of them. I must be missing a page or two also the copies that i have are a little hard to read I hope I wrote them down correctly:

fender- Z14C88944419 list $271.21

fender- LMA88944420 list $274.05

support- 208C15798722 list $25.34

support- 212E15798921 list $20.21

fascia- 12335659 list $486.37

grille- 12335765 list $119.41

duct- 12335767 list $195.29

duct- 12335766 list $193.81

grille- 19168630 list $552.32

hood- 88944302 list $485.95

The chrome bumper and headlights aren't listed because I purchased them off craigslist. there is also about $400 worth of brackets and the frame horn ends that I haven't listed. Hope this helps if you need anything let me know.

Edited by DEBT JET (see edit history)

Hey I've done this exact conversion to my truck and I am having some hood fitment issues. Ive got it lined up to where it doesn't rub, it latches fine in the front center, but it seems to bow out towards each end above the headlights. Check out my pics). Any remedies for this? I really need some help here It's been over a year and I am at a loss as to what else to try. 1zhelp.gif Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hey bill. I haven't done this swap, being an SS, but I'm having the same exact issue with my hood bowing out down above the headlights after installing an aftermarket hood. It's really noticeable on the passenger side. Drive me crazy!! I saw you PMd Zach about a possible remedy. Any chance it may fix my fitment issue?

Hey bill. I haven't done this swap, being an SS, but I'm having the same exact issue with my hood bowing out down above the headlights after installing an aftermarket hood. It's really noticeable on the passenger side. Drive me crazy!! I saw you PMd Zach about a possible remedy. Any chance it may fix my fitment issue?

hey mid12s,

Its hard to say being aftermarket it might just be in the stamping of the metal. A lot of times at work with aftermarket hoods (also some OE stuff) we would have to put a piece of 2x4 on the rad. support by the latch and have two people one on each side push down to "bow" it back into the correct shape. sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bill.

Edited by DEBT JET (see edit history)

Man what a change that made. Looks great. You gonna do the ss cladding now?

Nah. I never priced them. I know claddings can be expensive. I've put many on that cost close to a thousand each. Not saying the ss cost that much but they do add up quick.

• 3 weeks later...