Jet Performance Jet Power Shift?

just wondering if this would be a good mod to do? i already have a wheatley tune but would adding this to my mod list improve over the tune in regards to the tranny shift pressures or not? heres the link.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?PQCat2=11763&PQCount=2&SubID=1030&brand=BHDL&series=Jet+Power+Shift&lsbYear=2003&lsbMakes=CHEVROLET&lsbModels=SILVERADO+1500&lsbSubModels=SS&lsbEngTypes=V8&lsbFuelDels=Fuel+Injection&lsbASPs=Normal&lsbEngineSizes=6.0L+%2F+364+C.I.D.&lsbEngVins=N&VQString=2264%3B&APQString=none

let me know what you think and why!!!!

thanks in advance

just wondering if this would be a good mod to do? i already have a wheatley tune but would adding this to my mod list improve over the tune in regards to the tranny shift pressures or not? heres the link.

http://www.streetsid...&APQString=none

let me know what you think and why!!!!

thanks in advance

Most guys are using shift kits and servos to improve shift quality .

Most guys are using shift kits and servos to improve shift quality .

thanks dude i know that... but if this would improve upon a tune and improve upon a shift kit then it would be worth it. also being able to control how hard it shifts is a great option to have. when im riding with my son in the back sleeping i dont want to jerk his brain to the back of his head on the 1-2 shift so i can turn it down, when a lightning pulls up next to me i can turn it up and smoke his ass!!! :peelout:

anyone got any opinions on THIS PRODUCT?

thanks dude i know that... but if this would improve upon a tune and improve upon a shift kit then it would be worth it. also being able to control how hard it shifts is a great option to have. when im riding with my son in the back sleeping i dont want to jerk his brain to the back of his head on the 1-2 shift so i can turn it down, when a lightning pulls up next to me i can turn it up and smoke his ass!!! :peelout:

anyone got any opinions on THIS PRODUCT?

Don't waste your money on it, ask wheatly to properlly set up your shifting so that you get the best of both worlds. Easy shifts at part throttle and firm at WOT. I did this on my truck and love it. This is also dependant on what shifft kit you have and how it is set up.

just get wheatley to firm up your shift, dont mess around with it.

He doesn't always want firm shifts so its not as easy as firming up line pressures and what-not

ok thanks for all the replies but for 130 bucks isnt it worth it to be able to adjust the shift pressures with the turn of a dial? since im awd i can have the pressure all the way up and not break loose when i catch 2nd but for the 2wd guys who have a decent amount of power and a shift kit pulling out of a parking lot quickly turns into tokyo drift if you arent careful.... so thanks to those of you who recommended getting wheatly to bump up the pressures or tweak them thats all fine and dandy... but what i am asking is.... does this product do what it says it does? are there other products out there that are cheaper in price or better made than this one that would therefore be a better option for me? does anyone have any experience with this product? please do no recommend having wheatley tweak it anymore because i know that i have this option!!! maybe mr wheatley could chime in and let me know if this can even be used with the tune or not....

As already stated, please do not waste your money on this. Unless you are installing a shift kit, or having your tuner make adjustments through your PCM(the proper way to do it), I feel you are risking transmission damage with this box. The 4L65E does not have a great track record in these trucks, and radically changing transmission line pressures with the twist of a knob will take its toll, I am almost sure of it....

Again, please DO NOT buy this....

Yes it can be added regardless of the tune. Just beware that compounding two different modyfiers to you trans might result in some bad problems. The 4l60 can generate enough line pressures to self destruct. And it does not provide a softer shift than what you already have. Just firmer. If you want to play with trans shift characteristics you might as well get someones used diablo sport and start there, that is if Wheatly didn't lock your tune. OR talk to wheatly and see if he can get you an AUTOCAL, and have 2-3 tunes to choose from with different line pressures., unfortunatly you wont be able to switch tunes on the fly, but you can just pull over, load a new tune in about a minute and take off.

thank you both very much for explaining that to me... i agree that compounding both would be a bad idea. i had overlooked the fact that i cant go lower than it is now only higher with the pressure and while i feel like my shifts could be a bit firmer a transgo hd-2 and some servos will take care of that... again thanks for pointing that out and thats the type of feedback i was looking for. some people get butt hurt when you critisize their ideas or suggestions but thats what forums like this are for... until the next post fellas!!!

:greddy:

You can achieve the same thing FOR FREE by dropping the pan and turning the calibration screw on the EPC valve/sensor. But there is no substitute for a correctly re-engineered shift calibration kit in the 4L60/65, and on top of that the 4L60 is very unforgiving, the parts selected and setup has to be 'just right' or it will die.

What this box does is 'intercept' the line pressure signal going to/from the PCM; in effect the PCM has no idea what the line pressure in the transmission is. Any 'tuning' where you just change line pressure will f-up your 4L60, whether it's this box electronically manipulating line pressure readings or a hack tuner playing with line pressure settings in the PCM tune it's all the same thing and will eventually lead to a failed trans.

Your truck already comes with this 'selectable trans tune' - it's called a TOW/HAUL BUTTON! Tell your tuner that you want 'race shifting' when you engage the T/H button, this is a very good strategy - in regular mode, leave in a good amount of Torque Management, and under T/H run zero Torque Management etc. In any transmission tune never modify the pressure tables, leave them stock and lower (or zero) the shift timings table.

For the same $127 price you can buy a Vette servo, Sonnax shift kit, tighten the EPC valve about 1/16-to-1/8 turn (it's VERY sensitive), add some Platinum lube guard, and have a real shift kit. But you will have to tune your PCM to 'accept' the new hardware in your transmission too.

Mr. P.