2Bfast'S Build

2bfast

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brian I thank you for trusting me to work on your project ... I'm very excited that I got to be a part in getting this work of art running.

Glad i got to play a small part in this as well. One hell of a truck you got Brian.

Can't wait to see the finished product at nationals.

Glad i got to play a small part in this as well. One hell of a truck you got Brian.

Thanks bro. U bet appreciate u givin a helping hand and hope you learned something along the way! ......Other than how much I drink lol

Alright....here comes the pics. As Dan said we didnt take near the pics we prolly should have but it was balls to the wall and we took pics when we had the chance.

Here is the Eaton True-Trac rear carrier. This was a last minute call and im glad I did it while the wrenches were flying. Thoughts were I would rather have good G80 in case someone shells one at nats to provide than shell mine and be done for the weekend.

1-18.jpg

Me removing ....

2-13.jpg

agian....

3-9.jpg

Gettin ready to zip the bolts off and remove the ring gear and swap carriers. Thanks to Dan for the tips on this as this was my first time swapping carriers. Alot of little "do this and do that rather than this" tips.

4-7.jpg

Dan starting to remove all the loom from the factory wiring and nitrous wiringl. Re-routing and cleaning it up. Turned out clean!

7-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

Few pics from the fuel system. New billet rails mounted to the stock manifold. Custom made aluminum brackets to mount the rails. Turned out amazing....

Dan fabbing some of the fuel lines....

19-3.jpg

This was cool. Its a line with the factory fitting that snaps in to the factory feed line. Keep in mine im still running the factory feed line.

18-3.jpg

Drivers hand made rail mounts.......SICK

9-3.jpg

10-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

One of the brackets that was made. Flip it around in my hand tho as its backwards.

11-2.jpg

Here are the pics of the Fuel Pressure Regulator and custom mount....

Dan grinding down the edges cleaning it up

16.jpg

15-1.jpg

Keep in mind, the "soft" line in this pic is converted to hardline for mock up. See next pic

14-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Me at 6 in the morning.....lack of sleep and crown in ur blood. Story of my life lol

17-1.jpg

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Random pic of Dan while under the truck keeping the crank pully from spinning and me up top with a huge breaker bar and half inch ratchet tightening the crank bolt. "hey dan watch out!!!!!" snap lol Id be the same way with a ratchet and bar coming at my way! LOL

18-1.jpg

Pinned

27.jpg

ARP bolt in

28.jpg

Random photo. This was for you Zach...since your a dinky sausage type of guy. At 7:30 in the morning we figured this intake setup was the setup for you! LOL!!

19-2.jpg

Nitrous purge. AWESOME is all I have to say. Self explanitory.....

20.jpg

21.jpg

31.jpg

Random pic of me wrenchin away......dont mind the blood shot eyes. Thats from crown and lack of sleep lol :yellow_loser:

22.jpg

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

A few things I also put together that brian wanted me to explain in greater depth.

oil fill filter cap:

parts:

JB quick weld

pcv valve

specter or K&N filter cap

oil fill cap

first you need to mic the rubber insert on the filter and drill a hole in the oil fill cap a bit smaller so it is a very snug fit. After that sand down the bottom of the filter and the cap. Now you need to glue the 2 together. Last insert the PCV valve...and you are done.........Note: if you drive a lot then you need use a petro proof silicone to hold the pcv inside the filter rubber insert.

16-1.jpg

11-3.jpg

13-2.jpg

12-3.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

Fuel system conversion:

Not going to list out parts....just give you a simple overview.

We used summit billet LS1 rails that require hand made brackets to fit the trucks. Here I am working on them

19-3.jpg

I found a nifty little Dorman part that is a double bead 3/8th fuel line just like factory....this way you can use your factory fuel supply line. I cut it and used a AN to hard tubing fitting.

18-3.jpg

I used a 6AN bulkhead and some petro proof silicone to seal her good.

10-3.jpg

Now the fun part. Gutted the factory buckle and installed the Bosch 044. most cut the bottom of the bucket which you dont have to do. I also ran the new wiring (10awg) throught the bucket with grommets again using petro proof silicone.

2-14.jpg

4-8.jpg

3-10.jpg

6-8.jpg

7-6.jpg

5-8.jpg

Now the wiring as the factory wires will not last long with the power the 044 pulls again I used 10 AWG wire for the ground and the power supply line and added another relay. I cut the factory greay power wire off the harness and used the orginal location in the fuse panel to trigger the new relay.

9-4.jpg

Simple and effective way to convert you returnless to return fuel system.

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)

Couple pics of the PCM mount....turned out extremely clean

29.jpg

30.jpg

Few pics of the intercooler piping. Keep in mind these are just welded up and mounted. I will get better pics of it alll when I remove them, grind the welds down, pressure check, and polished out. FYI, this was Dans first time using a spool gun to weld aluminum and once he got the hang of it it was smooth sailing from there.

Intercooler

26.jpg

Drivers pipe from the blower outlet to the intercooler

24.jpg

Passenger piping from the intercooler up and round to the throttle boddy

25.jpg

Dan doin work welding up the piping

23.jpg

Little pic of what it looks like as it sits. Keep in mind im having trouble with my tuning software to upload the new "start up" tune so the start up vid above isnt what it is. Ill get that figured out here this week and give her a whirl with a heat cycle.

32.jpg

Again, these are all quick pics as we took these as thought needed. It was balls to the wall as Dan stated with everything to get done. Ill let Dan post up the details on the PCV system and fuel system as he was all over those aspects.

As I said above, I plan to remove all the charge pipine...grind down the welds, pressure check, then send to have polished. Also a lot of the custom stuff, I.E, FPR bracket, nitrous lines, fuel lines, need polished out so that will take some time. Also I need to finish mounthing the AFR gauge in the dash as well as wire the stand alone tank. Stay tuned as there are plenty more pics to come!!

LOL nice..that looks familiar :pepsicheer:

That brought a memory of your truck and the pic at the SAR purging your system against the Ford.

:pimp:

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: This is one evil machine. I cant wait to see a video (photobucket wont work for me). That pic of you purging and giving the friendly finger is priceless!!! You put the "built not bought" phrase literally. Great job sir :pepsicheer: .

I have to ask, how do you like the pedals? I always wear Timberland or Caterpillar boots year round. I am interested in those exact pedals, the stock ones dont grip on my Timberland Nascar Pit Boss Crew boots well at all. I need some more grip, just wondering if they helped.

-Andrew

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

For anyone that may wonder how nice his truck is.....There is no one and I mean no one I have every said " I envy you because of this truck" except for him.

Pfffffttt......what ever ..my plates say other wise...LOL

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Looks KICKASS!!!!! Can't wait to see this machine in person! :pimp: Great pic's...and in those pic's I now know where my jack stands are. You help a guy work on his truck you at lease think he would return your sh$t!!!!!! :crackup: BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Shade_Tree (see edit history)

Looks KICKASS!!!!! Can't wait to see this machine in person! :pimp: Great pic's...and in those pic's I now know where my jack stands are. You help a guy work on his truck you at lease think he would return your sh$t!!!!!! :crackup: BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

I heard he is playing indian giver :ninja:

HAHA just when you think you know a guy he takes you jack stands HAHA!! Nice welds on the tubing. That whole setup looks awesome! :pepsicheer:

I will say that they phograph well, but in person they are less than desired. Oh well that is what I get for not having a Tig to use, Welding aluminum with a Mig sucks it is very very touchy. But after it is finished out it will look very very good. Brian did a great job on the Tial flange and the IAT bung. He smoothed them out so after polishing they will look like one contiuous tube. Sorry I had to hide the nitrous wiring. You did a hell of a job on the circuitry.

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)