2Bfast'S Build

2bfast

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after many hours these past 4 days and even one seeing the sun rise we crossed off everything on list we made.

DSC03137.jpg

Me all smiles with a drink in hand of course

DSC03116.jpg

Start up vid. Click below to view. Im having trouble with my HP Tuners software loading on my laptop for some reason so I have to deal with that. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ON THE OLD TUNE.

th_MOV03160.jpg

........and of course Dan says goodbye to good ol N.E Missouri

DSC03157.jpg

All in all this project turned out UNBELIEVABLE. All the brain storming and planning sure paid off.

Hard to believe but im still not actually quite done with it yet. Now its time for the small details to make everything come together. Plus the tuning issue thats hangin out there. We took ALOT of pictures so when I get re-organized ill post em up as we went.

I thought I would give you guys a timeline of what went down. Brian and I poured every hour we could into this thing. I'm still beat after sleeping 14 hours last night.

I arrived at 5:30pm on 4-13 we unloaded the rental car and got to work.

First thing we did was pull the G80 out and toss in a TrueTrac, then we decided to tackle the upper fuel system. We made an alminum bracket to mount on the passenger front head to hold the FPR. We also hand bent aluminum brackets for the billet rails on the intake manifold. Then we decided to change some of the nitrous wiring. We pulled apart the harness that was made for the nitrous system and ran it through the large loom going up the side of the intake manifold to clean it up some.

We ended up going to bed around 5:30am so 10hours the first day :freak:

4-14 woke up at 10:30 and got moving around 11a.m.

We installed the new boost gauge and ran a few additional wires. We also made the new braided lines for the manifold and the fpr. Then we installed the intake manifold. After this we started working on the PCV system which I will have a right up on the breather oil fill cap here soon. We also built the purge line setup from hand bent 304 stainless line ( pain in the ass). Then we moved on to cleaning up the wiring harness of the truck itself.

At the end of this day we ended up with the intake, upper fuel system, nitrous system, and the gauges 100% done. We went to bed about 8:00 am so that was 21 hours worked. :freak:

4-15 drug out worn out asses out of bed abour 2pm :sigh:

We had to run around getting and few small parts. Got back working on the truck at 5pm ish.

We finished up the wiring clean up from the day prior (at this time brian was harassing the exhaust) and we also got the fuel tank pulled. We modified the bucket to fit the bosch 044 and ran the new wiring for it out of the bucket. We also statred a few other small things before we decided that 3am it was time for bed again. We worked another 10 hours this day. :freak:

4-16 hoping to be the end..... A ton of stuff got done. We rolled out of bed around 9:30 and picked up a few small things. Started on the truck at 10am. We got the fuel tank bolted back in. I finished the wiring and got the return installed in the tank. We also made a plate to relocate the wideband gauge in the center A/C vent which Brian will be finishing up. At this point Brian went back to harassing the exhaust and I went onto the tubing for the blower. We mounted the IC and boyyyy is it rigid as hell. After playing with the stupid MIG we got it welding aluminum decently (mig welding aluminum sucks..... use a tig if you can). We got all the tubing done and it looks ( . ) ( . ) zzzzz. We also made a relocation bracket for the PCM that is pretty slick. We finished at about 4:30am so the last day we got 18.5 hours in and got 98% of it done.

I left that same morning at 8:40am and pulled up at 7:20pm in my driveway....nothing like sleeping 4 hours after working almost 60 and making a 12.5 hour drive in 10 hours and 40 minutes.

Brian will be posting a ton of pictures. Some things we missed pic opprtunities because we were working and just forgot.

I'm sure there are a few things I am missing in the above post.... at this point the last 5 days of my life have been a blur.

Things we learned...

Brian loves Crown reserve ( my fault )

Brian learned that cutting aluminum is a nightmare. I remember saying that after you shower you will still find shards that will stab you on your body.... yes this happened when he scratched his leg he stabbed himself LMFAO!!!!

Brian learned that after cutting aluminum outside it still finds its way inside.... BWAHAHA especially on the cowhide rug :jester:

I learned the appreciation of having someone there that knows when to help, when to work on something else, and when to walk away from something not going right. (this is something that I value very much!)

We learned that hard work and being accountable to each other when we wanted to stop working got the job done and got it done right.

Brian I thank you for trusting me to work on your project, and trusting me to help you order the parts you needed. I'm very excited that I got to be a part in getting this work of art running.

For anyone that may wonder how nice his truck is.....There is no one and I mean no one I have every said " I envy you because of this truck" except for him.

I hope to be back soon without the around the clock working so we can sit back on the porch and stare off into miles and miles of view and through back another bottle of Crown reserve....or 3 :cheers:

Brain get those pics up so they can see what Crown, Steaks, and 59.5 hours of labor makes in 3.5 days :jester:

Things left to do for Brian before nationals

1. Polish parts we made

2. install wideband

3. Wire stand alone fuel pump

4. tuning (already in the works)

5. service tranmission

We also learned that Zach is a dinky sausage type of guy!!!!

800px-vienna_sausage_tasty.jpg

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)