STS Turbo - On my truck!

Too big? Don't know that phrase, is it like "Too much HP"? I heard someone say "too much HP" the other day, didn't know what it meant.  :smash:  :smash:  :smash:  :thumbs:

And I just realized how confused I am, as I am tired from work whenever I check the boards and don't have the energy to go through all the posts. Who all has the STS currently? I thought it was just SSblackSS, I take it MustbBrent as well, and a couple others? Just wonderin what the tally is up to, great to see so many enthusiatic people working with a good company, helping them get the tiny little flaws the system might have worked out to make a perfect bolt on for our trucks. Never in my life have I seen this, not even at the corvette forums! Then again...theres a million routes to go with making a vette high HP, and a million shops.  Im in CT, anyone know of any speed shops around here? Thinking about going with the 408/STS as well, but need a shop! I take it I'm going to need some serious dyno tune time with this setup? (not to mention a few extra pairs of shorts... :smash: )

Email STS, I live in Maine and they said the closest dealer is in Conn. I've got to work on getting my local shop to be a dealer so I can get hooked up with one. :thumbs:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Ben, just a quick question. I remember going through the other STS threads, and reading about SSblackSS's install, he had to have piping and such made up for him as STS didn't sell a kit for our truck, and the exhaust was different sizes. Are you having to do the same? Or is STS shipping you a direct bolt in kit? I'm was interested in buying your magna, however I'm really itching to go the STS route. Also, whats the word on tranny upgrades? FLP lvl 5 tranny still as close as we'll get to bulletproof, or is there another route we can take? Thanks! Also, good luck! Can't wait to hear some updates on the install and such! :thumbs::cheers:

STS is shipping me the 5.3L pipes. The same ones everyone has right now, although there may be a few differences. The pipes they are having made for the SS, not sure if it is SS specific or 6.0L, are not ready and won't be for about 2wks. I told that I was in a bind for time. So, they said that they would ship me out a set of the new pipes once they are finished for no charge. Can't beat that I guess.

ssbkackss, mustbbrent, turbochargedbeserker, and myself are going the STS route. The first two already have theirs. Myself and beserker will follow within the next 10 days or so.

Also, with my setup they actually said that I would need my 60lb injectors that I had just gotten. So, just a frame of reference if you decide to stroke and turbo. They tried 50s and it was a little lean up top. Passed to me from the race shop that ordered mine.

Too big? Don't know that phrase, is it like "Too much HP"? I heard someone say "too much HP" the other day, didn't know what it meant. :smash::smash::smash::thumbs:

If Ben does his motor like he does everthing else (properly), then everything will be bulletproof right until it leaves the flywheel. Once you get North of 600 HP I begin to wonder about the 4L65E, even if it is built. After that, transfer case, differentials and gears could to be concerns. Once you start breaking stuff like that, I imagine it would be 'too much' when it gets to be more work than fun.

I think it's more how you take care of the tranny. Crazy downshifting, manual shifting in general, always slamming the pedal, taking to the track every week, etc, etc, will not do very well for the tranny in the long run. My plans are to be dialed in for 10lbs of boost when driving around town everyday. The 15lb will be for the track, or when some chucklehead wants to challenge.

And it's not "when it gets to be more work than fun", it's "when it gets to be more money than fun". Just my feelings anyway. :)

Don't be trying to jinx me , or something. :wtf:

I knew you were up to something. :jester:

Congrats on the quick sale.

I would love to be up in K/C next week and meet and some of these other fine people. But as the outsourcing gods would have it, not gonna happen this year.

When the dust settles I see another trip to Milton in the works. :rolleyes:

Good luck on getting things bolted back together...

WW :thumbs:

Just got my tracking number for my system. Looks like it will not show until the 8th. Talk about cutting it close.

Brent, send me your email so I can send a pic Dave sent me about how they have tied into the oil system on previous 6.0L trucks.

Just got my tracking number for my system. Looks like it will not show until the 8th. Talk about cutting it close.

Brent, send me your email so I can send a pic Dave sent me about how they have tied into the oil system on previous 6.0L trucks.

PM ed ya. Thanks.

Archived