STS Turbo - On my truck!

Oh what ever happened to that bet between you and Dennis? Does that mean you forfeit because you can't prove you can make it into the 12's with the Radix with that setup?? :confused:

Never got a chance to run it and find out, huh? I think it would have hit 12s.

Ben, you are a HP junky!

I can't wait to see what you do with this one...... :thumbs:

Once I get the bugs out of my truck, 12's will represent for the Radix boys, no problem..... :smash:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben :thumbs:

I think mounting the turbo in the rear has its pro's and his con's, i think the big bad is the turbolag, a wastegate and dumpvalve will help. I saw this on another site :

An Anti Lag Systeem (ALS) let fuel and air into the engine when the throttle is not aplied. This mixture go's through the engine and ignites in the hot headers (800degree celc.).This explosion will keep the turbo turning.

Just my 2 eurocents :D

Hey Ben, just a quick question. I remember going through the other STS threads, and reading about SSblackSS's install, he had to have piping and such made up for him as STS didn't sell a kit for our truck, and the exhaust was different sizes. Are you having to do the same? Or is STS shipping you a direct bolt in kit? I'm was interested in buying your magna, however I'm really itching to go the STS route. Also, whats the word on tranny upgrades? FLP lvl 5 tranny still as close as we'll get to bulletproof, or is there another route we can take? Thanks! Also, good luck! Can't wait to hear some updates on the install and such! :thumbs::cheers:

STS is working through the prototype process on the plumbing. Each kit gets a little closer as they get feed back. My kit has everything needed, but might need a little fab to match up.

Ben's kit might be a little closer, although his kit might ship before I get my data back to STS.

Agreed. My kit came with the y pipe and 3" exhaust housing all ready to go. Where the pipe connects from the turbo to the inlet tubing was wrongly angled, but should be fixed for Berserker and Ben.... each kit gets closer and they are a GREAT customer service company making sure that they update you with others as they learn.

BTW, the GT40 is WAY too big. Did I say that already?

Too big? Don't know that phrase, is it like "Too much HP"? I heard someone say "too much HP" the other day, didn't know what it meant. :smash::smash::smash::thumbs:

And I just realized how confused I am, as I am tired from work whenever I check the boards and don't have the energy to go through all the posts. Who all has the STS currently? I thought it was just SSblackSS, I take it MustbBrent as well, and a couple others? Just wonderin what the tally is up to, great to see so many enthusiatic people working with a good company, helping them get the tiny little flaws the system might have worked out to make a perfect bolt on for our trucks. Never in my life have I seen this, not even at the corvette forums! Then again...theres a million routes to go with making a vette high HP, and a million shops. Im in CT, anyone know of any speed shops around here? Thinking about going with the 408/STS as well, but need a shop! I take it I'm going to need some serious dyno tune time with this setup? (not to mention a few extra pairs of shorts... :smash: )

Archived